Chapter 22

Fay (Tala's mom) POV

I knew that Takoda was a horrible man, but how could he just leave his son out there all by himself, he was just a child. I felt so bad for him while hearing this story, but something was off and I didn't like it. I needed to be near my mate, so I get closer to Penelope. It was nice being so close to her after all these years of being apart. I was taken out of my thoughts when I saw Saku pull a gun out and point it at Penelope. Without even thinking I rush to Penelope and push her down. After the shot was fired, I checked her body making sure she didn't get hit.

"I didn't get hit my love, I am okay thanks to you," Penelope says in her soft beautiful voice with that smile on her face.

"If you ever try to kill my mate again, then I will kill you," I say to Saku and the look of shock was on his face. I look back at my mate and rub my fingers on her face, then all the memories came back from when we were younger.

We have always known of each other growing up, we were in the same pack of Dark Moon. I was the first child of the gamma of the pack and one day it will be passed down to me. Penelope was just another pack member, but that wasn't a factor in our relationship. I can't remember how our friendship started, but once we did we were inseparable. Little did we know back then, but we were just drawn to each other and did everything together. She even came to my training session and did them with me. We would always have sleepovers in each of our rooms. We would switch rooms every night and stay up late watching TV together. This changed a bit when we got older and a bit more, let's just say hornier. I started to have feelings for Penelope and didn't know what to do with myself because I was just in middle school. I didn't really understand why I was liking a girl while everyone else around me was liking/dating guys. One night while Penelope was in my room like normal we always do, cuddling and watching tv together. I turn to face her and she gave me a funny look asking what am I doing. I didn't think and I just kissed her. It was the best feeling in the world to this day, and she kissed me back. Penelope told me that she was feeling the same way about me but didn't want to ruin our friendship. The rest of the night we were laughing and making out with each other. We started to go on dates from going out to eat to mini-golfing. You name the date then we most likely did it. Penelope makes me feel alive and can do anything with each other.

When we got to high school our relationship started to get more serious and Penelope asked me to be her girlfriend. We were both afraid that we might not be mates with each other, but I reassure her that we were meant to be. We will have to wait until we are both 18 to actually find out if we were mates, but I had hoped we were. Years later and we finally both turn 18 and found out that we were mates. That night we mated to each other and talked about our future together, we even talked about having kids. We were thinking about adopting a boy and a girl. Within that year I had to take up the gamma position from my dad because he was getting older. The rogue situation was not looking too good either. I didn't want him to get hurt since there were young new ranked wolves, Dohasan and Koray. They were my great friends and even their mates. Talula, our luna, because best friends with me.

Everything in the pack was running smoothly for the next few years. The Nightshade pack that we recently allied was helping us with the rogue. They are a very powerful pack with hundreds of members in it. Their alpha even saved Dohasan's life and now he owns him. Then everything changed for the Nightshade pack when a powerful rogue pack came in and destroy half of their pack. It was told that the alpha lost his mate and his child that night. What was leftover of the pack took shelter in the Dark Moon's packhouse. The following days we had meetings with the ranked wolves of Nightshade to talk about their next moves to make. This night all the ranked wolves and their mates were in this meeting because it was about finding Alpha Takoda a new mate. We wanted to tell him that he could choose any of the members that lost their mates/people who never found their mate. Sadly that happens often with wolves not finding their mates. I remember that meeting so clearly.

"Thanks for coming to this meeting everyone, tonight we will be talking about rebuilding the Nightshade pack. I know that you want to have a mate Takoda, so you can have any one of our members that have lost a mate or haven't found them yet" Doashan says.

"Thank you for that offer Alpha Dohasan, I know who I want to be my next mate," Takoda says,

"Perfect, who is this lucky lady that you want," Doashan asks.

"I want Penelope," Takoda says while looking at Penelope.

"Hell fucking no! You are not going to come here and just take my mate from me" I yell standing up from my seat.

"I want Penelope because she looks almost exactly like my late mate. She will help me produce a great son like my late child" Takoda says.

"Do you know that you sound crazy! Just because you lost your mate that doesn't mean you can take someone else's mate. You can have one of our members that lost their mates or who have never found their mate" I yell getting madder and madder. Penelope puts her hand on my back to try and calm me down.

"She reminds me of my mate and I want her!" Takoda yells and stands up from his chair.

"Dohasan tell him that he can't do this and he is crazy!" I say looking at Dohasan.

"Takoda this is crazy and you can get another mate," Dohasan says hesitating.

"No Takoda, I want Penelope and I am going to get her. You own me because I saved your life. If I don't get Penelope to be my mate then we will go to war with your pack. We might have been cut in half but still strong" Takoda says throwing a tantrum like a cis male he is not getting his way.

"This is ridiculous Takoda-"

"It is okay. I will be your mate. I don't want war between the packs because of me" Penelope says interrupting me with tears in her eyes.

"Babe, you don't have to do this, we will fight for you," I say to Penelope trying not to cry.

"We know that Nightshade will win that battle. They are just more powerful than us and I am not going to lose you to battle," I start to cry and Penelope holds me," Don't worry, I know we are getting separate right now but we will be together at the end of the day. I love you always my love" Penelope says to me then walks over to Takoda. I break down on the floor crying then Talula comes to my side to comfort me.

"Great! Since Penelope came to me on her own, you still owe me a favor and that's it. I will leave you alone" Takoda says with a smirk.

"What is it?" Dohasan asks.

"I don't want Fay being your gamma anymore. When we have to have meetings, I don't want Penelope and her to see each other. Remember you own me" Takoda says then Dohasan looks at me on the floor crying being hugged by his mate.

"I am only agreeing with you on this because I don't want my friend heartbroken every time she sees you guys," Dohasan says and I cry harder.

That night I lost my mate and my ranked. It was the worst night of my life. We made the decision on letting my little sister take over the gamma position. Later on, I met Arthur who had lost his mate to cancer. We got together and just made things works. It was hard because I know that my mate is out there with another person that is not me. The whole pack made a decision not to let the next generation know what really happen. The elders thought it would look bad on us, which is bullshit. It was hard for me to step down from the gamma role, but I picked up a job that I thought was alright for me to do. I at least was still great friends with Talula, she even help me give birth to Tala. That's how Tala got her name, based on Talula.

It was even harder to lose a mate that you have had in your life since you were born. We did find a way to talk and see each other by passing on letters to each other. We would give each other a letter a week to talk about what is going on. I found out that all Takoda cared about was that she looked like his own mate. He never loved her and just wanted the idea of her. It was even worst for their daughter because she wasn't his son. I felt sorry for them and wanted to take them away from him. I dreamed of doing that and raising Nova as my own, then I got pregnant and gave birth to Tala. We just started to live our lives hoping one day we will be together again, not ideal but it was something.

But right now at this moment was the best feeling that I have had in a while.

Thanks for reading!!! Please vote!!!