Chapter 3

Nova's POV

Gosh, it has been one crazy night for me last night, but on the bright side. I met my beautiful, sweet mate and my wolf is just as excited as I am. We didn't really meet on the best terms as I hope, but it was nice to get to see her and be with her for the night. I can relive the night over and over again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

I was walking to my next class when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I take it out and see that my dad is calling. I sigh and answer the phone.

"Hello alpha, what do you want?" I say with a firm voice.

"I need you, Awan, and Songoa to come back to the packhouse to discuss some important business," my father says.

"Okay, we will get over there as fast as we can" I say then he hangs up. I wonder what type of important business that he needs us to be there to talk about. I guess it is really important because he is taking us out of school, and school is very important to him. I send out a text in my pack group chat telling them to meet me in room 224 so I can talk to them real quick. I head to the empty classroom and wait for everyone to come. There are that many of us that go here since we are kind of a small pack. There are eight of us that go to high school. The first one that comes into the room is Songoa, my gamma. He is a tall fit guy, and I couldn't tell you what he is because he is mixed with so many things. He is quiet and keeps to himself most of the time, but with me he talks more since we are close friends. He is a really nice and sweet guy, and I can't wait for him to find his mate. She will be one lucky her and he will be so happy.

"Hey Songoa" I say waving at him with a smile.

"Hey Nova, is everything okay?" he says worried. He is such a caring guy.

"Don't worry. Alpha Takoda just wants us, me, you, and Awan to go to the packhouse to talk some business with us" I say and he just nods his head. We sit there and wait a few more minutes until finally everybody shows up.

"What took you guys so long to get here?" I question because we need to get going before my father gets mad at me again.

"Sorry Nova, Koko was trying to pick a fight with a Dark Moon member," my beta Awan says. I just roll my eyes and Songoa glares at his sister like a kid getting punished.

"Alright, I don't have time for this right now. Songoa, Awan, and I need to go back to the packhouse to talk with the alpha about some business. Now while we are gone I want no trouble because we are not going to be here to bail you out. Don't do anything stupid" I say and start to walk to the door with Awan and Songoa following right behind me.

"What is going on? We never leave school to handle pack stuff" Awan says.

"Look I don't know either. Father just called me and asked us to be there. Now let us get there now before we all get in trouble" I say and they don't say a thing. I went to my car and Awan and Songoa got into it and I drove us back to our packhouse. Once we get there, we rush to get inside. When they get inside Alpha Takoda is standing right there waiting for them.

"What took you guys so long to get here?" my father says in a deep voice.

"A pack member was running behind when we called a meeting to tell them that we are leaving" right after I said that my father slaps me across the face. He didn't do it that hard this time. He has done much worse when mom is not around.

"You shouldn't put blame on anybody but yourself. You are the next in line to be alpha, so show it" my father says.

"I am sorry alpha. I won't happen again" I say and bow a little bit to show my respect. He doesn't say anything and just walks into his office. I look over at Awan and Songoa and they seem to be in shock, and it is not because my father hit me. My father has hit me plenty of times before in front of the whole pack. The only one that can stop him is my mom. I think they are shocked just at the fact he hit me so hard for something that is small. I don't know why really, but we all start to walk towards the alpha's office. Once we get there, we see the luna, beta, gamma, and of course the alpha all standing in the office near the desk.