Chapter 5

Tala's POV

I don't know what came over me, but when I saw Nova on the ground knocked out. All I wanted to do was be by her side. I get up and start to head towards her. Once I am off the bleachers and march over to Nova, Dakota steps in front of me.

"Tala I know that is your mate and all, but you can't go over there right now. It would be weird for a member from the enemy pack going to help her when her boyfriend- well ex-boyfriend pushes her" Dakota said quietly into my ear. Then she steps in front of me to block my view.

"I know but she's not my enemy. She's my mate and I just want to be with her" I say sadly. I take a step to the side to see if she is okay and I see her slowly trying to get up. I let out a sigh of relief then turned around to look for Rudi. He is just standing there with his teammates from our pack smirking like an idiot. I got so mad to see him there happy that he hurt my mate.

"What is wrong with you Rudi! You think it is okay to be smirking because you just hurt someone! That's so childish of you to do. You are going to be the next alpha so act like it" I say pretty much yelling and the whole gym is looking our way.

"Hey what is the matter?" he steps closer to me, "Are you still mad with the whole thing that we aren't mates? Because we can still make it work" Rudi says. I can't believe that he thinks this whole thing was about how we aren't mates. The nerve of this boy! I can't even look at him or I'll rip him to shreds.

I turned to see Nova one last time to see that she is okay and she is. She is able to stand up and talk. I then walked over to the bleachers and got my gifts then walked out. I am just so mad at Rudi, I don't know what to do with myself. Once I leave the gym, I am trying my best to calm myself down but nothing is working. I think it is best for me to go on a run to cool off. I start to head for the door but then I was stopped by this tingling feeling on my arm. I turn to look at what it is, and it is my mate, Nova. I felt like such an idiot because all I could do is just stare at her and smile. After what felt like an eternity, I realized that Nova should be sitting down or something because she was just on the floor passed out.

"Hey, you need to go to the nurse because you did just get knocked out. Come on I'll take you" I say while grabbing her hand to take her to the nurse, but since she does have alpha blood in her. When I tried to move her, she didn't even move a centimeter. I look at her and pout.

"You are so cute right now, and it was so hot seeing you chew out Rudi," she said while chuckling. Her laugh is like music to my ear and I can listen to it all day. Now I am standing here looking at the ground trying to hide my smile.

"Yeah, that is what happens when you are mates with someone. Too bad I am too late because you are with Koko and everything" I say remembering that she was kissing Koko in the hall. After a bit of silence, I look up and see that Nova is in deep thought.

"Follow me," Nova says while grabbing my hand. I won't deny that I love the way it feels when she touches me, even if it is only holding hands. She takes us into an empty classroom.

"Why are we here?" I asked confused.

"I had to take us to a place where no one can see us talking," Nova says while closing the blinds and checking throughout the room. The moment she said that I immediately felt sad. I guess she doesn't want to be seen with me. I am an unranked wolf who is unattractive, wears glasses, barely in shape with an ugly body and-

"What's wrong Tala, you look sad," Nova says, getting me out of my thoughts, coming close to me.

"I know you don't want to be seen with me," I say trying my best not to cry.

"No, no Tala. I wish that I could be seen in public with you so the world knows that you are mine, but we are still in enemy packs. If we are seen then it will get back to our packs and I know that will end badly. Including with my dad still in charge. They would kill each other if they had the chance to" Nova says.