Chapter 20

Dakota's POV

Once we found the mansion, we started to walk closer to the house quietly. I sniff the air to see how many rogues are nearby and I don't really smell any, maybe there are one or two in the mansion.

"Alright I don't think the rogues are here but maybe one or two," I say looking at Awan.

"I agree with you, but where are they? Where could they all have gone? I bet the one or two that are in there right now are guarding Tala, Nova, and Rudi" Awan says.

"I bet you are right, we need to-" Awan's phone goes off and interrupts me.

"Turn off your phone so we don't get caught sneaking into the house of the rogues," I say.

"Sorry, Songoa has been trying to get in contact with me all morning, but as you were saying," Awan says while turning his phone off and putting it in his pocket.

"What does he want?" I questioned.

"I don't know because I have been busy looking for this mansion," Awan says.

"Alright, we will get back to him later. So we need to quietly get into that house, just stay low and we will move towards the door. I highly doubt the door is locked in this place" I say and Awan nods. We stay low and walk up to the front porch. We get to the door and I turn the knob to see if it is unlocked, it is and I open the door. I didn't go in first just in case someone was there waiting for us. I peek my head through the door to see if anyone is there, but no one was there so we start to walk in a little. The inside was pretty run down and I could tell that the mansion hasn't been touched in years, but the rogues that have been living there recently. Awan and I walk around to check all the rooms on the first floor. We start to head to the back in the kitchen and right when we are about to enter, we run into someone that is eating a bowl of cereal.

"Hey, people are here!" the guy yells in a direction. He drops the bowl of cereal on the ground and it breaks, then he shifts into his wolf. The wolf charges at us and Awan steps up and grabs the wolf by its throat and slams him on the ground. After a few seconds of me watching the fight, another guy comes out of nowhere trying to swing at me. I dodge the hit and get into a fighting stance. In the corner of my eye, I can see that Awan has shifted into his wolf so he can fight the other wolf. I am not too worried because I know that he can handle his own, I have to worry about the guy that is in front of me now. He charges at me again and I block the hit with my left arm then punch him in the stomach with my right hand. He steps back a little and I kick him in the knee so he goes down screaming. He is on one knee now and I start punching his face. He reaches back behind him to find something and he grabs a lamp then hits me in the head with it. I back up and he gets up then starts throwing punches at me. I was able to block some of them but not all of them. I counter one of his attacks and punch him in the throat then I do a swinging roundhouse kick to knock him out.

"Okay, that was really hot to see you do that," Awan says, clapping behind me. I turn around to see a naked Awan. I look away blushing trying my best not to sneak a peek.

"Sorry I didn't have time to strip my clothes while I was fighting. I was too busy fighting a huge wolf" he says while laughing.

"I get that but you need to get some clothes," I say taking a little peek at him.

"Really?! We are werewolves that see naked people all the time from shifting, so why am I different?" he asked, knowing exactly why.

"Well, I don't want to fuck every other person I see naked because you are my mate and you know that," I say turning around to see him and he was smirking.

"Oh, I know that, I just wanted to hear you say it. I will go look around for clothes" he says smirking then going to look for clothes. I shake my head and smile then go look where that second guy came from. I walk around the kitchen and see that there is an open door with stairs leading down. I turned around and got spooked because Awan was right behind me wearing some clothes that he found.

"Looks like you found something, I will go down it first," Awan says walking down the stairs slowly making sure there are no rogues. We get to the bottom and see a cell with Nova, Tala, and Rudi in it.

"Oh my gosh, you have no idea how happy we are to see you!" Tala said standing upcoming to the front of the cell.

"Yeah we heard all the noise that was happening upstairs but we didn't know what was going on," Rudi said standing up slowly. Awan sees the lock on the cell and looks around for the key, I soon join him. We couldn't just break it because it was a silver lock. After a minute of looking, Awan found the key and unlocked the cell. They all get out and stretch out their bodies that have been cooped up in there for days.

"I am so happy to see you!" Tala says jumping into my arms. I hug her back and we laugh together, I am so grateful that I have my best friends back. I then hear a little growl come from Nova and laugh knowing why.

"Oh don't be jealous kitten, you know she is my best friend," Tala said letting go of her hug of me to go hug Nova. Nova smiles and hugs her back.

"What time is it?" Rudi asked us.

"I don't know because we turned our phones off while coming in here. Let me just turn it on" Awan said, then grabbed his phone and turned it on. Once his phone turns on he starts getting a lot of notifications.

"We need to leave right now," Awan says and starts to head upstairs. We all follow him not knowing what is going on and he leads us outside of the mansion.

"Wait, what is going on?" Tala asked.

"Our packs are fighting the rouges right now in the clearing," Awan said and we all nodded our heads understanding what was happening. We took off our clothes and shifted into our wolves and they led the way to the clearing. We raced over to the clearing and once we got there we shifted back into our human form and put the clothes on that were in our wolves' mouth. Once we got there all we heard was,

"Wow, I can't believe you don't recognize me. Well, let me properly introduce myself. I am the true alpha of this pack and my name is Saku, father" he says looking right at Alpha Takoda. 

Thank you for reading!!! Please vote!!!