Chapter 16

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I just finished my junior year of college and lacrosse finally. Also, my girlfriend who reads this book wanted me to post it today so we can talk about it when she comes and sees me lol

Nova's POV

After training the gang and I have been waiting for Tala to meet us, we all can leave. I also wanted to ditch the group and I can have some needed alone time with Tala, but she is taking too long.

"Maybe she got lost in the house, it is a big house to get lost in easily," Dakota says.

"Yeah, you might be right. Let us all split up and look around for her, she can't be that lost" I say, and we all split up to look for her. I looked all around the house and even went into my room to make sure that she did not go into my room and fall asleep. I go back to the front of the house where we started to see everyone is back, but without Tala.

"Where could she be in this house?" I say and everyone just looks around, Dakota calls her on her phone, but it goes straight to voicemail. Which was very weird and now I am starting to get a bad feeling about all of this. My parents came downstairs, and they were talking about the meeting that he was having tonight which involved talking about a fighting plan against the rouges. Then they see us and come over.

"What are you guys still doing here and where is Tala?" My mom says.

"Good question because we are looking for Tala and we can't find her anywhere in the house," I say to my parents.

"That's interesting because we saw her head to you guys. How about you get some warriors to go look for her Takoda" My mom says to my dad.

"Alright let's go up to my office and get some warriors to go look for her," My dad says walking up to his office being followed by my mom and me. We get to his office and see that his office door is ajar. He tells us to wait while he goes and checks it out. My mom and I wait outside ready for something to happen, then you hear a loud growl and a banging noise. My mom and I came barging in to see that his offices had been gone through. Some of his drawers have been open and gone through, seeming like someone was looking for something. I could smell the air and I could only smell Tala and some other smells that I could not detect.

"It seems like nothing has been taken from my office that I see right now. They may have not been able to finish the job. I can smell something in here, but I cannot tell you exactly what was here. I also have a faint smell of Tala, maybe she came in at the wrong time" My dad says then sounds off an alarm that will alert the warriors that they are needed. Within a minute the top warriors come into the office and ask what is going on and what they can do.

"There were rogues in my office going through my stuff and left kidnapping someone too without being stopped. I do not know how this happened and we will talk later about it, but I need you guys to find the rogues and Tala, who is the girl that they kidnapped. Go now!" My dad says and takes a deep breath. My dad was mostly worried because there were rogues in his office. After all, but I am worried because my mate is missing, and my wolf and I are going crazy. I am using all of my strength right now from my wolf coming out and going to look for her right now. The office door opens again, and all the ranked wolves and their kids come into the office. I am pretty sure Rudi, Tobey, and Dakota have gone back to their pack right now. Beta Jackal and Gamma Luka come in and ask what is happening. My dad explains what happened and how the warriors are out right now searching the land.

"I also have another worry because not all of my drawers were open, just a few like they knew what they were looking for. They were very quiet, and no one knew that they were on the land or saw them leave. I think that they might have help on the inside" my dad says. I stop and think about it and it could be true. While everyone was talking about what they think happened, my wolf is fighting to come out to go look for Tala. I could not sit still so I started moving around in place not trying to draw too much attention.