Sophomores

It was the first day back from winter break and Beacon Hills High School was just like another other high school in America, boring

It was the first day back from winter break and Beacon Hills High School was just like another other high school in America, boring. You had your teachers who were too into their job, others who really shouldn't be teaching children, popular cliques, jocks, nerds, and everyone in between. Maeve was just lucky enough to be apart of the upper class of high school society.

Honestly though, Maeve knew that the only reason she was considered popular was because of her best friend, Lydia Martin, and her title as co-captain of the swim team beside Lydia's boyfriend, Jackson Whittemore. Still she found the concept of being "popular" weird, so she tried her best to branch out to other people, but it was hard when her best friend felt the complete opposite.

.....

"Stiles we have to go!" Maeve yelled up the stairs at her brother, who for a 16 year old with little to no hair, took forever to get himself ready. She couldn't be late as she had to meet with Coach Jasper and Jackson about preparing for the new swim season before homeroom and she didn't care to hear Jackson's complaints if she was late.

"Stop yelling, it's not my fault you agreed to become co-captain, next time have Jackson pick you up," the pale boy muttered as he ran down the stairs. His twin watched as he almost fell since he missed the last step, the girl tried not to laugh as he composed himself. "Shut up," he growled upon seeing me face. All she could do was shrug off his words and drag him out to their car.

Stiles had mentioned meeting up with Scott once they got to school to talk about last night, though Maeve didn't get why they just didn't pick up the boy themselves and talked to him on the ride, given Scott rode his bike to school.

"But didn't he tell you on the phone last night? I heard you in your room after I texted him," questioned Maeve, her brother's words causing the worry she had as she went to sleep to resurface.

"Well yeah, but I want to see it for myself," Stiles replied, only then realizing that he hadn't told his sister about Scott getting attacked by an animal, his face cautiously turning to glance as she herself waited for further explanation.

She didn't need to ask what it is Stiles wanted to see, he already knew to elaborate by the stern and bewildered look on her face, "He said that a bunch of deer ran at him and then something bit him."

Maeve's hazel eyes widening with aggression as he had informed her that their shaggy haired friend was fine, "You said he was fine! You left him in the woods on top of my concerns and you failed to inform me that he got hurt!" She exclaimed as she took a sip of her coffee, almost spitting it out as anger filled her mouth.

Saving himself from immediate aggression from his twin, Stiles pulled into a parking spot at school and swiftly slipped out the Jeep, avoiding her eyes and searching for his best friend by the school entrance.

The second his eyes landed upon Scott he quickened his pace, taking no time to greet him, "Okay, lets see this thing," he demanded. Scott lifted up his shirt to reveal a large bandage over his torso, tried blood on the gauze.