It's What's Needed

Buckle up this is going to be a long one! TW - mention of anxiety, depression, self harm.

Also not fully edited so bare with me. 

"So tell me," Allison asked as she crossed her legs on the Stilinski's couch, "what's going on with you and Isaac? When did this start?"

The two brunettes were in their pajamas, both holding a bowl of the pasta dish Maeve had made. The Argent's face scanning her best friend who was trying to hide the smile that crept on it as she ate, "I mean we're just friends - but it started at the beginning of the school year, I didn't have any friends in algebra and we were seated next to each other, then one day we were told we got to be in pairs for our homework packet and both of us didn't really have anyone so I asked if he wanted to be mine. Same thing in chem, I came to class late the day we were picking our seats for the semester, by then you were with Lydia, Stiles was with Scott, and I knew Isaac from algebra so I sat next to him."

"I can't believe I never noticed," Allison exclaimed while being annoyed at herself.

Maeve just shrugged her shoulders, "I'm not totally surprised, you and Lydia are in the front row while we're on the opposite side of class in the last row, and even at the beginning of the year him and I were just lab partners - then we started studying and doing homework after school cause we were in the same classes and here we are today."

"Today - where you get ready to go out with him tomorrow," the brunette hit her knee playfully.

"Well I don't really know," she set down her bowl and glanced up at the ceiling slightly depleted.

"What do you mean you don't know, aren't you hanging out tomorrow night?"

"Yeah we are, but like I don't know how he feels about it. Like I know that I like him, but he may just think of us as friends - maybe just as school friends - and I don't want to embarass myself," Maeve looked down at her bowl as her confidence dwindled.

"Hey," Allison grabbed her attention by putting a hand on her knee, "I know for a fact you are not just a school friend - I mean he was the one who suggested hanging out without studying, correct?" Maeve hummed in response, "So he definitely wants to be more than your lab partner - and I can't imagine anyone not liking you back."

Maeve playfully rolled her eyes at her last statement - though there was a certain brown eyed werewolf that came to mind. 

"You're just nervous - explain to me how you feel with him - why do you like him?" 

She pondered for a few seconds, though she already knew the answer, "I guess it just - it's like coming up for air. You know lately with everything going on in my own life or with Stiles and Scott or Lydia and Jackson or school and swim - I just feel like not only is my mind running a mile a minute, but I am physically and emotionally moving constantly - then I go to chemistry or algebra with him and even if it's just homework or studying I feel like I have the chance to catch my breath." 

Her friend looked at her with deep smile, happy for the brunette, "That's a good thing Maeve," she reminded her.

The twin shook off her giddy expression, "Only if he likes me back, if not I think I'd just throw myself over lookout point," the comment raising slight concern in her friend, "It's just I have never been like this with someone who didn't know me... if that makes sense."

Allison put her dish down on the coffee table and turned to Maeve with a careful expression, "You mean someone who doesn't know your past - your mom, your anxiety and depression," she inquired, Maeve just nodding as her frame grew smaller, "He doesn't know about the scars."