Date Night?

"So you may have mauled someone?" Maeve questioned as she took a bite of her sandwich.

Scott put his head in his hands as Stiles rolled his eyes annoyed, "Emphasis on maybe, honestly though - where have you been?" he questioned his twin who was nowhere to be found in the halls earlier as the two struggled with this new dilemma.

"I had a dentist appointment so I met Scott's mom for coffee before hand and came to school late," the girl answered while looking over Lydia's chemistry notes since she missed class. 

Scott looked up at the mention of his mom, but Stiles was unphased, "Okay but we tried looking for you in the halls all day  and could not find you anywhere." 

Maeve's heart skipped for a second as she stopped eating, "I don't know, maybe you just weren't looking hard enough," but Scott could tell she was lying, "anyways we need to focus on figuring out what happened last night." 

Scott was going to point out that she was avoiding the topic when Lydia came over and sat down next to him, "figure what out?"

Maeve looked over at her best friend and pulled a quick fake smile, "nothing just a homework problem." 

Stiles leaned in towards Scott across the table, "why is she sitting with us?" Which earned him a kick from Maeve on his left. 

Soon enough all of Maeve's other friends were at the table, Allison across from her, Lydia on the other side of Scott, Danny sat next to Stiles - somewhat displeased - and Jackson came over and forced Brian out of the spot at the top of the table. 

"So I hear they're saying it's some type of animal attack. Probably a cougar," Danny spoke up as if they all were already in conversation.

"I heard mountain lion," Jackson replied as he sat back comfortably in the chair. 

Lydia corrected his fault, "a cougar is a mountain lion," but when she saw the look Jackson gave her she tried to play dumb, "Isn't it?'

Both Stiles and Maeve rolled their eyes simultaneously at Lydia's attempt to seem dumb, when both twins knew for a fact that she was smart, Maeve even knowing that she was the top of their class, and probably the whole school.

"Who cares? The guy's probably some homeless tweaker who's gonna die anyway."

"Jackson could you not be a jackass for a minute?" Maeve shot towards his remark, causing Scott to smile at the girl. 

"Actually, I just found out who it is," Stiles interrupted as he showed the video from the news with their dad on the crime scene, "check it out."

When the image of the man attacked came up on the screen as they identified the victim Maeve looked over at Scott, "Mr. Meyers...Scott wasn't that-"

"My old bus driver from when I'd stay with my dad," he finished for her. 

Lydia cut the silence that followed as she twirled a piece of her hair, "Can we talk about something slightly more fun, please? Like, oh, where are we going tomorrow night?" Which earned a confused look from the couple across from the twins, "you said you and Scott were hanging out tomorrow night, right?

 Allison slightly choked as she swallowed her food, "Um, we were thinking of what we were gonna do. 

"Well, I am not sitting home again watching lacrosse videos, so if the four of us are hanging out, we're doing something fun" Maeve knew what was happening and she was trying not to laugh as the three childhood best friends shared mortified glances.

"Hanging out? Like, the four of us?" Scott stammered while turning to Allison for clarification,  "Do you wanna hang out, like us and them?

 The brown eyes girl shrugged as she drank her water, "Yeah, I guess. Sounds fun," she replied, too afraid to turn down Lydia.