Girl Disconnecting

"Lydia?!" Maeve ran over to her best friend as she ignored her father to stay in his squad car, leaving Stiles alone in the front seat.

The strawberry blonde was dazed, Jackson was arguing with the paramedic when the brunette reached the two, wrapping her arms around Jacksons torso, "Are you guys okay?"

Jackson was hesitant as he returned the hug, "we're fine," he stated gently at his worried friend. As Maeve pulled away to turn to Lydia, his arrogant self turned back to the paramedic, "If someone would just tell him that and let me go home, I'd be even better," his words harsh.

Maeve took Lydia's face in her hand, examining for any injuries before holding the shocked teenager's hand, "Lyds?"

"Why the hell can't I just go home? I'm fine," Jackson retorted as Maeve's father came over to the ambulance.

"I hear ya, but the EMT says you hit your head pretty hard. They just wanna make sure you don't have a concussion," Sheriff Stilinski tried to calm the hot headed tool down, his eyes meeting his daughter who was sitting protectively next to Lydia.

"What part of "I'm fine" are you having a problem grasping? Okay, I wanna go home," the boy's words seethed out like venom.

"Jackson," Maeve warned him from continuing the attitude towards her father.

The sheriff was trying his best to stay sympathetic, "And I understand that."

"No, you don't understand, which kind of blows my mind, since it should be a pretty basic concept to grasp for a minimum - wage rent - a - cop like you! Okay, now, I wanna go home!" Jackson finally raised his voice, Mr. Stilinski still not flinching, but Maeve could feel her jaw lock from clenching it so hard.

"Jackson enough!" Maeve deadplanted, holding herself back in her spot as to not punch him for offending her dad.

Stiles, not liking uncomfortable conversations, saved the moment, "Oh, whoa, is that a dead body?"

This caught everybody's attention, causing the Sheriff to create a parameter around the scene so bystanders didn't intervene. Maeve looked at her brother to mouth a 'thank you' for defusing the situation.

She was going to assist in taking her best friend home, but Mrs. Martin came to the scene and insisted the brunette that Lydia was going to be okay, just needing to sleep off the experience. So instead she accompanied Jackson to his house - despite claims that he'd get there fine.

"Look, ignoring the douchebag comment you made about my dad back there, I'm not going to just let you isolate yourself, it's fine if you want to act tough and shit in front of other people, but you do have people who care about you. If something is wrong you can tell me or at the very least Danny," Maeve broke the silence of the two as Jackson didn't utter a word from the passenger seat.

Given that Lydia went home with Natalie, she offered to drive Jackson home when his parents didn't answer the phone and then drive Lydia's car back to the Martins. Now she was in Jackson Whittemore's driveway.

"Save your breath Maeve, I'm not 'isolating' myself, and like I've told literally every other person tonight - I'm fine. Just go home," he finally spoke up, just to get out of the car as soon as he spoke.

She scoffed, following suit and getting out the the car, engine still running, "that's gotta be the biggest bullshit to come out of your mouth in weeks Whittemore and trust me there's been plenty."

Jackson stopped at her words, but still didn't turn around. Though her voice boomed with assertion and annoyance, so it wouldn't be a surprise if any neighbors started to peek out their windows.