Prologue

"Wait so where is Maeve? She normally likes doing this kind of stuff," Scott McCall asked his best friend while reaching for his inhaler.

"Yeah maybe last year," scoffed the pale-sarcastic brunette. "Anyways I don't think she was home, I saw her get into a car with Jackson and Lydia a few hours ago but haven't heard from her since."

Scott took this knowledge with a bit of sorrow, Maeve used to always be around, before sophomore year the only time the brunette wasn't with them was when she had swim or was with Lydia - her best girl friend. Yet, the last few months she was only with the two boys when she didn't swim or Lydia was busy.

"Stiles she's still you sister, it's not like she's gonna forget about us. Me, maybe, but you literally sleep down the hall from her," these words were more spoken for Scott's sake, Stiles' was his best friend, and considering that they were together all the time, not forgetting Stiles meant not forgetting Scott, right?

The pale boy just sighed, he knew that Maeve would never not be their friend. After all a twin is essentially a built in best friend for life, she couldn't get out of it if she wanted to. He knew Scott was more disheartened because of the "secret" crush he had on his sister. Her having new friends didn't mean the two boys weren't hers anymore, but to Scott it meant more people she could date.

"Look when I dragged you out into these woods, I didn't intend for us to speak about my sister's new growing group of obnoxious friends, I took you here so we could find a body," Stiles casually rolled off his tongue, as if looking for half of a dead body in the woods was a normal daily thing.

As he continued to follow his nearly bald headed friend, Scott tried to clear his mind off the girl he felt he hadn't seen in years, "Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?"

"Huh," Stiles exclaimed clearly the thought never crossing his mind, "I didn't even think about that."

Of course he didn't.

"And uh, what if whoever killed the body is still out here?"

"Also something I didn't think about," replied the boy holding the flashlight, continuing to lead his asthmatic best friend deeper into the woods.

Stiles, who normally pays a lot of attention towards details, was having one of those times where he was so excited and eager to investigate that he payed little thought to the danger that was with them in the woods. He also didn't think about giving Scott the flashlight allowing him to set the pace of their walk, which was triggering Scott's asthma as he puffed his inhaler.

The enthusiastic boy took off running as he saw the flashlights belonging to the police, not away from them, but towards them in hopes they had found something. But the only thing this managed to do was leave his best friend alone, wheezing as he tried to keep up, and Stiles getting caught by a deputy and the sheriff.

"Hang on, hang on!" Yelled a trenched sheriff as he looked at the scrawny pale teenager who had fallen to the ground in shock, "this little delinquent belongs to me."

"Dad, how are you doing?" Stiles tried to act calm as he lifted himself off of the ground but he knew he was fucked, there was no lie out of this.

Sheriff Stilinski sighed, "So, do you listen in to all of my phone calls?"

"No, not the boring ones," Stiles answered, making it obvious that it was in fact, all of his dad's phone calls, and some of his sister's too.

"Now where's your usual partners in crime?" Sheriff looked around, not often was Stiles without one of his other halves.