Full Moon

In her red shorts and white tank top, Maeve lazily made her way down the stairs, hugging onto her grey sweatshirt as her eyes tried to wake up as she investigated the noises coming from downstairs, "Stiles?" 

"Mhmmm?" a low hum made out from the front door as Maeve was met with the sight of her brother leaning onto Scott, "yeah Dad?"

"Oh boy," she huffed out, "How much did he have?"

"Honestly," Scott readjusted Stiles as he made his ways towards the stairs, "you're brother is kinda a lightweight."

Maeve let out a tired laugh as she followed the werewolf into her brother's room, pulling back the sheets before his limp body hit the mattress, "I mean, I'm not surprised."

She took off Stiles' shoes while Scott went to grab the trash bin by  his desk, placing it on the ground next to his bed just as Maeve pulled the covers over the passed out Stilinski. 

"So," she spoke up as the two sober teens made their way to the kitchen, "How are you?" Maeve grabbed a few waters, handing one to Scott as they leaned against the counter.

"Depends on what we're talking about," he muttered as he opened the bottle.

"Well we have a variety of topics to choose from - starting with the 'break', the alpha wanting you to kill us, how you're feeling with the whole...you know," she drew a circle in the air and pointed towards the ceiling, "-or your general overall well being."

"Did you really just draw a circle towards the sky instead of saying full moon?" he questioned with a raised eyebrow.

Maeve bite her bottom lip, "Maybe..." earning a laugh from her friend, "okay well I wasn't sure if it was like a trigger word or something - sorry for trying to be courteous towards your emotional well being."

"In that case, thank you," Scott gave her a thankful smile before letting out a sigh, "and to answer your previous questions, I think it's a not great to all of the above." 

Everything was getting out of control for the new werewolf and on top of the normal erratic emotions a teenager normally feels, the anger in him seemed to be slowly boiling as the full moon drew closer. He looked down at his hands as the heat raised in his body at the thought, but almost in an instant died down as Maeve reached over, placing a hand on his arm.

"Hey," she softly called, now standing in front of the werewolf, "I know everything seems bad right now, but you're going to get through it, we are going to get through it."

His brown eyes looked up at her and he wanted to believe her, but all Scott could see was Maeve' unconscious body lying on the school floor, "How do you know that? I mean we barely made it out of the school - you got hurt - and the alpha made me want to kill you guys, we have no idea what we're doing."

Maeve shook her head, "Look I'm okay, really, " she lifted her shorts enough to show the green and blue bruising on her hip, "it doesn't even hurt anymore, just some ugly bruise and the cut will fade away," she grabbed both of his hands, "We've gotten through how much together in the past 10 years? And how often do we actually know what we're going? You, me, Stiles - we'll figure it out. You, Scott McCall are stronger and smarter than you give yourself credit for. You protected us from yourself the other night, the alpha failed because he underestimated you and us." 

Scott looked down at her for a few seconds before pulling Maeve into a hug, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Well considering this started with you and Stiles looking a dead body without me, "she muttered into his chest, "you'd probably be dead or some psychotic alpha's bitch."