What you should be doing (reminders)

Scroll down

I don't know why I put this big space but scroll down.

1. Make sure you put an indent before a paragraph

It's five spaces. 

2. Remember to capitalize, add commas on sentences that seem too long, and if they're super extra-long, split them into separate sentences (read aloud to check). Remember punctuation too because it reflects how your character someone else's character, saying it.

3. Remember the difference between "there/their/they're" conjunctions and the difference between it's and its (common mistake, for a refresher, it is a contraction of the words it and is or it and has. Its, however, is the ownership of something. It's pretty confusing, don't worry, if you make a mistake with this, most people won't notice it, but it's still good to do it), and the "your/you're" 's.

4. MAKE SURE YOU EDIT YOU WORK. DOUBLE CHECK IT. TRIPLE CHECK IT. GET SOMEONE ELSE TO CHECK IT.

5. Use descriptive words to describe people, places, actions, etc. but don't keep describing it each time, the first time and once is enough, only do it with new people and places, but actions you can keep describing.

6. P.o. V (point of view) - There are 1st person, 2nd person and 3rd person perspective. 1st person - one specific character's point of view. We use I, me, we etc. Sometimes it's told as a 3rd person but also a 1st person. 2nd person is as if YOU are the character (during a 1st person perspective). 3rd person perspective is as if someone is telling you the story (narrated).

ex.| 1st person - I, we

2nd person - you

3rd person - he, she, it, they

7. Remember to put this when you make someone talk (not the narrator or thoughts though):

" "

8. (Preference) Don't use the same word in the same sentence or too often in the same area because then it sounds strange. If you have to use the same word, use a synonym.