P.O.V's: Different Third-Person Views

Todays focus: Point of views. Yes, you do learn this in maybe grade three or four. Well, I did, I don't know about you. Now, you SHOULD know the three main ones (1st person, 2nd person, and 3rd person), but I'll go over them INCASE briefly. I do think I tell you what they are in previous chapters, but whatever. This is the more official explanation for this. 

1st person is the I/we perpective. 

Second person is the you perspective. (Pretty rare to find, unless you're writing a y/n book or something.)

Third person is the he/she/it/they perspective.

Now that that's done, we can move one. The third person view holds three different types of third person. They are third-person objective, omniscient, and limited. We can now finally get on to the point of this chapter. 

Objective 

Lets start with objective, because that we can get done with quickly. Objective is your neutral narrator. It's basically your 'normal' third person view standard. It's like someone observing, they can't read the characters minds or thoughts. 

Limited 

Limited is probabaly if third person and first person had a childThe narrative is telling the action through one character, whose knows the thoughts and feelings of that specific character. For example, it's used in Harry Potter. Limited is pretty common, despite that fact it's called 'limited'. But, it's called limited because it's limited to one character. 

Omniscient 

Omniscient is your ALL KNOWING AND SEEING NARRATOR *insert echo here for cool effect*. It is literally what the word 'omniscient' means. The narrator knows all of the thoughts and feelings of all of the characters in the story. The narrator its kinda like the author. You know EVERYTHING. So, if you are to write in an omniscient PoV, do it as yourself, the author.