Plot Twists

Plot twists. Amazing, they are. It's full of red herrings, secrets, and lies that make the plot more interesting. Adds a lot. It makes it worthy of the plot being spoiled by that one guy. For me, plot twists are pretty effective at the ending (it makes a good transition for a sequel book, if not, then make it another problem the protagonist needs to solve). Putting at the beginning is a big no. 

Plot twists need to make sense and relate to the plot; It can't be so random, and there should be subtle foreshadowing in the plot leading up to the twist. It never should invalidate anything that has happened in the story so far. They should always deepen the plot and never cheapen the readers' investment in the story. 

You may want to elevate things that seem unimportant and maybe kill of things that do seem important. SHOVE THE OBVIOUS IN THE TRASH AND LET IT BURN. Do not use the obvious. It would (most likely. I say most likley because they may look into things too deeply and figure it out.) suprise the readers. Another way can be redirecting suspicion so it would kinda look like that one Spiderman meme where they're all pointing to each other. Red herrings are very popular ploy for authors. They're are also very good to use when writing plot twists and misleading readers. It's the distraction. Make it seem like it would be a good canidate for a twist but it's not. Give them a false conculsion. You can make it seem like there is a red herring when in fact there is none but hey, maybe that is a red herring. (A/N: Everytime I type "red herring" I think of the giant red herring statue in Lemony Snickets, Series of Unfortunate Events.)

Maybe you can put a plot twist in a plot twist. Plot twist-ception. Don't put a plot twist, inside a plot twist, inside a plot twist, because then it's not a plot twist anymore.