Insignificant - Akashi Seijuro x Reader

Oh yeah, this is the first time I've included Rakuzan's basketball team (excluding Akashi). I don't think I've fully grasped their personalities yet and had to do some basic research, but I hope they're not too OOC.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

You were deeply infatuated with a certain Red Emperor of Rakuzan. Unfortunately, you didn't go to his school because you weren't intelligent enough. However, you would always be sure to visit him during the after hours.

Sometimes you felt rather insignificant in comparison to him. Akashi was rich, handsome, athletic, and insanely smart. Those were but a few of the characteristics that made him into what appeared to be a perfect being.

You knew that he didn't care too much about those things though. You definitely thought that he held a soft spot for you, allowing you to see him each day after school.

"Seijuro-kun, hi!" You chirped, entering the gym while the crimson haired boy was practicing with his teammates. Carrying a large load of drinks, you smiled pleasantly at the boys who stopped playing in order to greet you.

"Cool, refreshments!" Hayama cheered, pumping his fists into the air.

"You didn't have to do this, you know." Reo told you. "We can afford our own drinks."

"Yeah, I do know, but I wanted to anyways!" You grinned.

"I'll take ten for now." Nebuya commented bluntly, reaching for multiple sport drinks at once. He uncapped one and chugged it down in a matter of seconds, before continuing to his second. The tall, heavily built man quickly downed his third, fourth, fifth, and then sixth before letting out a loud belch.

"That's disgusting!" Reo complained, waving his hand to get rid of the smell. "You're acting so uncivilized, gorging yourself like that."

"I'll take that one." 

"Gah!" You screamed, putting a hand on your racing heart. "Geez, Mayuzumi-senpai! You always pop out of no where!" He ignored your comment, grabbing a can and opening it to take a sip.

"Hey, hey, (Name)!" Hayama Kotaro called, waving you over. "Could you hand me one?"

"Of course, senpai." You smiled at him and handed him a juice box, which he began to drink while lazily resting an arm over your shoulder. It was at that time that Akashi approached the other basketball players, looking highly displeased for some reason.

Huh, was he jealous?

"Kotaro, please remove yourself from (F/n)." 

Oh yes, it appears so.

However, Akashi had more to say. Frowning, Akashi announced to the whole team, "Also, I never said that anyone could stop practicing."

Sighing, you nudged him with your elbow as he stiffened at the contact between your bodies. "Sheesh, Seijuro-kun, can't you be a bit easier on them? You're overworking them like dogs!" 

"I cannot allow for any faults within this basketball team. At the first instant someone falls behind, I will discard them - those who burden the other teammates and the path to victory are utterly expendable."

"Oh, Seijuro-kun, you don't have to be perfect all the time. Try losing every once in a while." You joked, only to widen your eyes when he swivels himself around to face you.

"Of course I must be perfect. I cannot accept anything short of perfection and thus I can never lose. You understand nothing, (F/n)."

"Ah, I'm sorry." You said, reaching out to him, only for him to back away.

"Don't touch me." He growled at you and continued, "Ever since you began coming to see me after school, you've been hindering my practices. No one is performing to their maximum capability and we've also been losing important time. I've just barely tolerated your interruptions for a while, but I no longer can stand by idly anymore."

"S-seijuro-kun!" You cried, looking into his intense red and gold eyes. They were devoid of warmth and cruelly pierced through you.

He glared at you, turning his back on you in disgust because he could bare to look at you no longer. "Only those who serve me are allowed to look me in the eye. However, you do not offer even the slightest bit of use to me. Thus, you do not have the privilege of locking eyes with me." 

This was wrong, this was all wrong! Akashi never talked to you that way before! Didn't he like you? What about all times you tried to help out his team by giving refreshments and preventing them from overworking themselves? What about whenever you livened up the atmosphere? You kept him company, so that he wouldn't be lonely.

You thought he really liked you.

"Know your place."

You were completely wrong. It was due to your delusional self that you were able to overlook the sad truth of how he flinched away from you every time you touched him, how he never smiled in your presence, how he never... 

You were nothing to him - completely insignificant.