Wallflower Girl - Kise Ryouta x Reader

(Full name) was a name that few at Kaijo knew. It belonged to a very shy and quiet girl who did everything in her power to stay out of sight. One could even say that she had as low a presence as a certain Phantom Sixth Man, however the girl was not born with it - she was simply invisible for the sake of being invisible.

"Um, I think that the hallway on the left is the clearest today. I'll take that route, I guess." You mumbled to yourself. Currently walking through the quietest hallway possible, you attempted to avoid as many other students as possible. You weren't a really social person, more of a wallflower. No, you were a wallflower that refused to even bloom.

Although you were so anti-social that your life became a lonely and solitary one outside of home, you had no idea how to interact with other people. Even if you wanted to make friends, you simply did not have the social skills to do so. Often your mother would scold you and try to force you to come out of your shell, but to be honest, you didn't want to meet new people nor make new friends. You thought that your family and pet(s) were all that you'd ever need.

Well, a certain occurrence would change that perspective... right about now.

Of course there were still a few students in that hallway, so you attempted to avoid eye contact, choosing to stare at the walls instead. Thus, you were unprepared for the random textbook lying on the ground. With a cry of surprise, you stepped onto that book, skidding across the ground, and slipped, falling quite roughly to the ground and dropping all of your things.

You knew that most of the students in the hall wouldn't even see you due to your invisibility, playing the sound of the crash off as their imagination. Of course, you were quite hard to see, but not as skilled at misdirection as one of Seirin's basketball players, so a few of the more observant students could notice you if you made such a mishap. Nevertheless, none came up to the awkward girl they've practically never seen before to help her pick up her items.

Well, that was you'd expected to happen. Only a hand reached for the notebook a few feet in front of you before holding it out for you to grasp. You looked up to meet shining gold eyes with equally blond hair. "Here you go, miss! You should be more careful." He gave a bright grin and patted your head.

Your mouth fell open as you attempted to form words. None came out though, you were speechless, and you turned bright red before standing and running away. Only when you had left the boy did you realize how rude that was. You never thanked him, and you didn't even know his name.

From the point on, the wallflower girl made an effort to talk to the boy again. She wanted to properly show her gratitude, as he was the first person to help her in a long time, other than her family. (Name) may have even fallen for him and his kindness a bit. However, there were quite a few obstacles standing in her way.

"Why am I doing this? I shouldn't be trying to stand out..." You mumbled to yourself, peering from a corner at the golden haired boy that had offered a hand in picking up your things. You'd learned that his name was Kise Ryouta. It was sort of sad how you didn't know about the star of the basketball team and a popular model, it just further proved how isolated you were from society. Throwing away any last doubts, you trudged over to him rather hesitantly. "U-um."

The teen jumped a bit before turning to you with a surprised look on his face. "Oh, it's you again! Ha, I knew you were like Kurokocchi!"

You tilted your head a bit. Who was this "Kurokocchi", he spoke of? Whatever, you had an objective to complete. You started, "Ah, I'd like to tha-"

"Kise-san!" "Oh my god I love you!" "Kyaaaaaaaaah!" Loud screams of fangirls were sounded from across the area as a huge mob of females rushed towards the male. 

You flinched from the volume. It was too loud, too overwhelming. You couldn't stand it anymore and fled once again, ignoring Kise's cries for you to wait.

Mission failed.

"Ahahaha, Kasamatsu-senpai, what was that about?" Kise asked with an idiotic grin on his face. "I have no idea, but she was really cute, just like Kurokocchi!" 

The shorter basketball captain kicked the boy around. "You idiot! Can't you see that she had something important to say?!" He facepalmed, grumbling, "My stupid teammate is such a heartbreaker."

"Gwah! S-sorry, senpai! I'll go talk to her, just stop hitting me!" Kise followed after you.

You decided to go hide up on the rooftop. It was your favorite place in the whole school. It contained a great view, fresh air, and best of all, it was widely unused by the Kaijo students who always preferred to hang out at the cafeteria, classrooms, club rooms, or outside the
school.

Maybe you should just give up. This was a lot more trouble than you'd first thought, and it was simply to thank a boy for helping you. You walked over to the edge of the building to stare out across the campus. 

Your hands clenched into fists. You really wanted to talk to Kise, but it was hard for someone that previously had little to no motivation to make more friends. You were so left behind in the social department that you had no idea about your future. You didn't know how to deal with roommates at colleges, how to get a job when all professions basically required some sort of human interaction, and if you would ever get married.

Small tears were welling up in your eyes, but you refused to let them fall. Although you were nothing but a secluded wallflower, you refused to allow yourself to become any more pathetic than you were now. 

The rooftop door slammed open, and you quickly wiped away your tears. Turning around you saw Kise Ryouta who was doubled over and panting. Your eyes widened as he came over to you. Smiling as brightly as the time he'd helped you out, he said, "Hi, I'm Kise Ryouta. It's nice to meet you."

"(Full name)..." You said quietly, looking at the ground.

The boy laughed and replied, "So (Name)-cchi, what did you want to say before?"

Oh yeah, your mission. It was the perfect time to complete it now, if you could only gather all of your courage. This was your chance. You didn't want to stay a wallflower when the teen was standing here right in front of you. You raised your head to meet his stunning yellow eyes, and he was shocked to see the amount of determination within them. "Thank you, Kise Ryouta!" You cried.

That day the budded wallflower bloomed for the first time. The plant was still very much a small, weak little thing, but it had a rare beauty.

Kise blinked a few times, saying nothing. Your face turned red, and you were worrying that you'd creeped him out or something. You were about to apologize and close your shell or petals again, only for the blonde to smile. "It's no problem. I'll do anything for a friend."

Kise Ryouta had seen the potential in the little wallflower, and had decided to cultivate it.