Changes - Murasakibara Atsushi x Reader

Note - This is the sequel to Childish Grudge, where Reader and Murasakibara are teens. Read that story first!

'blah' is your thoughts.

PG13!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been years since elementary school. You and Murasakibara had become close friends. Maybe it was best friends, or maybe even something more? Sadly, your bond was temporarily severed, as you two went to junior high. Although you both went to Teiko, Murasakibara joined the basketball team and became one of Teiko's Generation of Miracles. You were happy that he found an activity that he enjoyed (even though he denied it), but the sport was pulling him away from you. You never even got to ask him which high school he was going to.

'Stop reminiscing, (Name). You're at Yosen now, it's all in the past - he's in the past.' You peered at the table of classes for your name. Nope, not 1-A, maybe 1-B? Oh yes, you're in class 1-B, alright. Leaving the board to search for your classroom, you never noticed the familiar name under class 1-C.

School was boring as usual. That never changed. Looking outside the window, distracted, you were easily surprised when the bell rang. Packing up your things and grabbing your lunchbox, you rushed outside for lunch. Noticing a huge crowd stampeding behind you, you sweatdropped. They were all rushing towards the lunch room like a bunch of animals. 

And you were in the way.

Panicking slightly, you sped ahead in hopes of not being trampled. You were getting tired however, and the crowd was unrelenting. 'GOGOGOGOGOGO!' You swore that you weren't going to die on your first day of school. Hurrying towards the doors where an incredibly tall figure stood, you peeked back behind you only to see that the mob of hungry students was only a few feet away. 'I'm going to die.'

Just as the horde was about to trample you, you were suddenly lifted into the air above the stampede and thrown over somebody's shoulder. 'Eh?' Tilting your head to look up, up, and more up, you gasped. Murasakibara?

"It's nice to see you again (Name)-chin. Let's go eat lunch together like old times." Ignoring your protests the lanky figure didn't even bother to put you down, instead walking off with you still on his shoulder.

"H-hey, put me down!" You were squirming around, but the teen wouldn't let go. You were being led towards a lunch table and then Murasakibara sat you down on his lap. Squeaking, you flew off and tripped a few times while trying to put some distance between you and the boy. Sitting down on the chair three seats away from Murasakibara, you tried to calm down the blush.

"(Name)-chin, why are you sitting all the way over there?" Murasakibara complained, moving over to sit next to you. Close, he was too close. "Didn't you miss me?"

Calming down now, you meekly replied, "Yeah... I guess I did." Smiling at him, you continued, "It's really nice to see you again." The tall teenager ruffled your hair affectionately. "Let's eat now, Murasakibara-kun." His eyebrows furrowed, but you didn't notice while opening up your lunch. 

Currently eating in silence, you pulled out a little packet of small hard candies. Even after all these years, your mom still gave you a bit of candy for dessert. Throwing a few into your mouth, you lightly sucked on the sugary spheres, tasting the sweetness on your tongue.

Huh, that's odd. Normally by now, Murasakibara would be pestering you for some of your sweets. Maybe he had changed, but what didn't add up was that he was still staring at you and the candies, almost hungrily. 

Down to the last hard candy, you were about to eat it when Murasakibara stopped you and stated, "(Name)-chin, I want one." Oh, so he hasn't changed - not at all.

"Hmph, no." Even as a kid, you didn't like sharing your sweets, and you placed the little ball of sugar into your mouth. "Oops, that was the last one, Murasakibara-kun. Maybe next time." Heh, years ago you learned that if you ate your candy fast enough, Murasakibara wouldn't be able to take them. All the boy could do was pout. You didn't expect him to try anything different, but you were wrong.

Murasakibara suddenly cupped your face, pulling you closer. "Eheheheheh, Murasakibara, what are you doing?" You nervously asked.

"Mu-kun." 

"Um." You had no time to say anything else, as his lips landed rather roughly on yours, causing your lips to part in surprise. Murasakibara's tongue entered your mouth and roamed around a bit before catching the little candy and retreating into his own mouth again. He pulled away with a rather satisfied look on his face.

"Thank you for the meal." He simply said after the breathtaking kiss.

"O-oi, that was mine!" Flushing bright red, you started whacking his shoulder.

"Eh, does (Name)-chin want it back?"

"Y-yes, you can't just steal my candy again! Give it back, you meanie!"

"Nope, too bad." He stated, patting your head.

Grumbling now, this time you slammed your mouth on his, enticing his tongue into a dance. It was a war between the two slippery appendages, as each battled the other over the small sweet sphere. You both enthusiastically fought for the piece of candy, only for the small sphere to eventually melt into nothing.

Drawing away from him, you pouted and whined, "Mu-kun! That was my last piece of candy, and you basically devoured it!" Flailing around in anger, you were blaming him and complaining that the statement "once a thief, always a thief" was true. 

The basketball player only kept on an expression of nonchalance, pulling out another packet of hard candies from practically nowhere, identical to the type you were eating before. "I have more, and I'm willing to share."

He really hadn't changed at all, but then again, neither had you.