Childish Grudge - Murasakibara Atsushi x Reader

Note - Child!Murasakibara x Child!Reader.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mommy, I don't wanna go to school!" You whined, crying and clinging to her leg.

"(Name)-chan, you need to go, so that you can become a big girl. Don't you want to be a grown up?" Your mother asked patiently, patting your head.

Your eyes sparkled - going to school would make you a big kid? "Yay! Okay!" You giggled and let go. "I'll become a woman like mama! Hee hee hee!"

Your mother sighed. At least you finally would comply. Taking you to the car, she drove you to your new elementary school. "Now (Name)-chan. Be nice to everyone and make lots of friends, alright sweetie?" She picked you up out of the car and put you down, taking your hand. "Oh and here's a little treat for lunch." Your mother handed you a lollipop.

"Yay, lollipop! Don't worry, I will be nice and make friends." You released her hand and ran to the class, where your home room teacher, Akiyama-sensei, was waiting.

Akiyama-sensei asked you to introduce yourself to the class, after telling you every one of the students' names. Beaming, you said your name, and a few things about yourself. "-and I really like candy!" You finished.

This weird purple haired boy perked up at that. His name was Mura... Muraski... no what was it again? Pondering the fact, you had decided that you would shorten his name to Mu-kun. All the students learned a bit of math, which was not fun at all. However, once it was time for lunch and recess, you became giddy.

Going off to the swing set, you sat down on one and took out your lunch. That Mu kid was sitting close by on the bench. After finishing your sandwich, you took out your dessert with eager hands. The boy with the long name, Murasakibara, stood up and walked over to you.
"Ne, (Name)-chin, I want your lollipop." He stated bluntly, towering over you, especially since you were sitting down. How was he so tall?

"Nuuuuuuu, it's mine!" You grumbled and tried to keep the candy away from the boy who attempting to grasp at it. It was yours, and you weren't going to share! Murasakibara had other ideas though, pushing you off the swing set and stealing your lollipop.

You sniffled a little, but you were more angry than hurt. Screaming, you got up and stormed towards him, tackling the boy down. You two ended up in a rather intense fist fight, well as intense as a children's fight could be.

Noticing your skirmish, Akiyama-sensei went over to you two furiously and easily separated you guys. "(Name)-chan, Murasakibara-kun! Stop this! You two need a time out!"

...you spent the rest of the day pouting and sitting in a corner with Murasakibara. The boy didn't particularly seem to care, instead choosing to pull your (h/l), (h/c) hair when the teacher wasn't looking.

"Oi! You meanie butt!" You growled, jumping onto him for another battle. After an incredibly exasperated Akiyama-sensei broke the fight again, you two were placed into separate corners. When the school day ended, you were definitely looking forward to going home to mama.

Your mother and Akiyama-sensei were having an adults' talk about the violence that took place today. Tugging you home, your mother asked you what had happened.

"It wasn't my fault! That stupid meanie Mu-ku... Mu stole my lollipop!" You grumbled, crossing your arms. Mu didn't even deserve an honorific. "He even pulled my hair! I hate him!"

"(Name)-chan, do you know what they say about boys who pull your hair?" Your mother asked kindly.

"No! But I don't care if it has to do with Mu." You muttered indignantly.

Sighing, your mother stated, "It means that he likes you, (Name)." 

Blushing, you refused to believe that and threw another tantrum - the third of the day. You were crying and raging about how you "didn't like a butthead like Mu" and that you wanted him to go away. You ran up to your room and slammed the door, jumping onto your bed. You cried yourself to sleep.

The next day you were dreading going to school. You didn't want to see Murasakibara again, but your mother forced you there. You had decided that you would just ignore the idiot. It was rather hard to though, as he tried practically anything and everything to get a rouse out of you. He broke your pencil in two. Then he ruined your finger painting by smudging the paper with his purple paint covered hands. When that didn't work, he just followed you around, and wouldn't go away no matter how much you yelled at him. 

It was recess again, and you ran away to hide under the slide. Hopefully he'd never expect you to go there, right?

- With Murasakibara -

When you had left him, he felt a rather odd feeling of sadness. He thought you were rather cute at first, and respected you even more for your love of candy. Murasakibara wanted to be your friend, but he had no idea how to approach a girl. He ended up hurting your feelings instead. He wanted to be close to you, and if bothering you was the only way, then so be it. Suddenly tearing up, he pouted and stomped his foot.

Akiyama-sensei, seeing him so upset, cautiously went over to him, and asked, "Hey Murasakibara-kun, what's with that sad face?"

"(Name)-chin doesn't like me! I just wanted to be her friend!" He cried, rubbing his violet eyes. 

"Murasakibara-kun, if you wanted that, then why did you steal her candy and be mean to her?"

He sniffs, "...I don't know. But now she won't even look at me."

Akiyama-sensei patted his head and gave him some advice. "You should apologize. Give her a piece of candy, I know you probably have some." Nodding, the boy ventured out to find you.

- End Murasakibara -

- With You -

You know, it was rather hot under the slide. Trying to cool yourself down, you fanned yourself and stared ahead at the wall in front of you. Oh, look at that, a spider... A SPIDER?!?!?!? "Kyaaaaaaaaaaa!" You screamed in terror.

Suddenly, something purple flashed from the corner of your (e/c) eye, and whatever it was had pulled you away. It saved you! "(Name)-chin, you should be more careful."

No, oh god no. It was Murasakibara. "Gah, Mu! Why are you here? Are you going to steal my candy again? Well too bad because I don't have any right now!" You growled. "Why did you even help me anyways?"

He unexpectedly pulled you into a hug, causing you to stiffen. "...sorry, (Name)-chin. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings!"

"Hmph!" Breaking away from his embrace, you huffed and looked away. You still held a grudge against him.

"(Name)-chin!" Murasakibara ran back in front of you. His face was too close to yours, and it was making you uncomfortable. He lifted something up to you, a candy bar.

"Eh? What are you-?" You exclaimed as he pushed it into your hands.

"Sorry (Name)-chin. I really am... I want to be friends." He said, but being the stubborn you, you simply ignored his words. 

Murasakibara was at a loss. He had done exactly what the teacher had told him to get your forgiveness, yet you still wouldn't look at him. Panicking now, he desperately tried to remember what his dad would do to his mom to apologize. Remembering now, he nodded to himself. Oh! Yes, that could work.

"Go awa- ah!" You blushed as he suddenly kissed your cheek.

"Please, (Name), I'm really sorry." He stated using your whole name. Holding the cheek he kissed in one hand and the candy bar in another, you were amazed. No one had ever went this far to get your forgiveness before. You didn't know how to react. 

You remembered your mom's words about being a big girl and making friends. Yes, you should be the mature one, and release your grudge. "F-fine, Mu-kun. I accept your apology. Let's be friends." You spoke, using the honorific for friends.

The tall boy hugged you again in relief, surprising you again. Heart beating faster, you also recalled your mother's other words. "It means that he likes you, (Name)."

Embarrassed now, you hid your face in his chest. Murasakibara didn't mind at all.