An Unlucky Person? - Midorima x Reader x Takao

Note - (a/s) means your astrological sign.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Today (a/s)’s have the best luck of all the signs, so congratulations! Make sure to get together with a Cancer and a Scorpio, so-!” You instantly shut off the alarm clock harshly. Damn, guess old habits die hard. Groggily getting up and preparing for school, you scoff at the horoscope. Luck would get you nowhere in life, and the people you hate most are those superstitious idiots who rely on such a fickle thing. You called upstairs, “Goodbye mom! I’m going to Shutoku now!”

There was no immediate answer. Heh, she must still be sleeping. Pocketing a few special items, you grab a piece of toast and began the walk to your high school. As soon as you got there, you literally ran into one of the worst people of the school - Midorima Shintaro.

“Cancers have the worst luck today, and should beware of (a/s)’s!” That stupid horoscope that he was listening to - didn’t it already say that (a/s)’s should meet with Cancers today? The damn thing already was setting them up for their demise. “Don’t worry though, as long as you carry your lucky item, a perfectly sharpened blue pencil, you’ll be safe!” Noticing the blue pencil the tall green haired boy was brandishing, you rolled your eyes. You would definitely mess up his day in every way possible. 

Walking over to him and his friend, who you’d just noticed, you call, “Yo, Midorima! How are you doing?” The boy pushed up his glasses and stiffened. He knew your star sign - he basically knew everyone’s, and you did as well because it made it easier to ruin the lives of superstitious people. “Hey, I need to borrow a pencil. Can I take one of yours?” You call.

“No. This is my lucky item for the day, so I cannot give it to you.” Midorima coldly stated. It was widely known across the school that you two did not get along.

“Shin-chan, a pretty girl asked you for something. You should give it to her!” Takao Kazunari, a Scorpio, said while elbowing Midorima. The two began to argue, but Takao stole the pencil from his grasp, and handed it over to you.

Smiling, you thanked him. You always did like Takao. He was quite handsome with his black hair and steel blue eyes. He was also a lot nicer than that carrot head. It was a plus that he often, although unknowingly, helps you ruin Midorima’s “luck” for the day. 

“Thanks Takao-kun.” Grinning you look to Midorima and wave the pencil almost mockingly. Well, actually you were mocking him. “Thanks for lending me the pencil, Midorima. I’ll try to remember to return it.”

You strode away rather happily. The two teens left behind began arguing again. 

“Takao, why would you give away my lucky item to (Name) of all people?” Midorima questioned, glaring at Takao.

“Ahahaha, she really needed it?” Takao replied with a question of his own.

“Che, I don’t think that was the case. Now come on, you’re going to be late.” Midorima began walking off in your direction, as he was in the same class as you.

“H-hey! You’d be as late as me, Shin-chan!” Takao complained, following after the glasses wearing man. The two separated half way to go to their respective home rooms. 

Tensing, Midorima walked into the class, and pulled out a spare blue pencil. Why did he carry a spare? It was because he was always prepared for such possible occurrences. You were seated behind the basketball player, and much to your chagrin, you realized that he had another lucky item. Well darn. Looks like you’re going to need to step up your game.

- With Midorima and Takao -

All throughout the school hours, you did plenty of things that made the poor green haired boy cringe. First you had pulled out one of your items, your special items, a hand mirror. Then you continued to purposely drop your mirror near him, shattering it to pieces. Although it was more widely known that this type of misfortune would only cause you bad luck, he was still incredibly cautious and didn’t even like to be near the bad luck of others. You also were seen petting a black cat during lunch hours outside, which you brought up to him, saying, “Midorima, this kitty is so cute, don’t you think?” These were only a few examples of the multiple ways you attempted to provoke him. The worst thing was, he was assigned to be your partner in science. At least he would be able to avoid you until after his basketball practice.

Finally Midorima was able to get away to go to said practice, and met up with Takao. Preparing a shot, he jumped and threw the basketball from the three-pointer line. 

Although the ball went in, it rolled around the rim a bit. This worried him a little - being around you was affecting his luck far more negatively than he’d first anticipated. 

“Shin-chan!” Takao called. “You’re losing your touch! Hahahahaha!”

Annoyed by Takao’s teasing, Midorima said, “...fine then. I’ll just need to make my lucky items bigger and better than ever.”

“Gah! N-never mind, they’ll be much more heavy, and I’ll break my back while pedaling you everywhere!” Takao shuddered at the thought. “Please don’t do that, Shin-chan!”

“Well it’s (Name)’s fault that I’ll have to do this. How unfortunate am I to be stuck with an unlucky person like her who causes grief wherever she goes? She’s been purposely ruining my luck the whole day. No, more like since the day she met me. ” Midorima spoke coldly.

“Oi, Shin-chan! You shouldn’t put the blame on others!” Takao nagged.

“That girl is the abomination of my life.”

“Shin-chan. You shouldn’t insult (Name)-chan like that.” Takao declared seriously.

“What, do you care for her or something?”

“W-well yeah, she’s my friend. And she should be yours too.” 

“Only when hell freezes over will she be accepted by me.” Midorima answered bitterly without remorse. Takao didn’t say anything in return for once. Midorima wasn’t sure whether or not if his partner was truly angry or just had nothing left to say.

“...I heard that you’re going over to her house today to work on a project. I’ll take you there.” Takao said, not looking at him and mounting the bicycle of the cart. Stepping in, Midorima just nodded in agreement. 

The drive to your house was silent and awkward and they both were relieved when your house appeared in sight. Ringing the doorbell, Midorima and Takao waited for you to answer the door.

- End Midorima and Takao -

- With You -

Woken up by the doorbell, you yawned and stretched. You had fallen asleep at your mother’s bed. Exiting her room, you shut the door, making sure it was closed properly, and went to welcome Midorima. You were both surprised and happy to see Takao there too.

“Hey, Midorima, Takao-kun. Would you two like to come in?”