An Unlucky Person? - Takao Ending

.- With Takao -

Faster, he had to go faster. Shooting through the town, and towards his destination, Takao traveled tirelessly without breaking a sweat. He already knew where you were going - to that big lucky item shop. He remembered seeing you standing in front of that store, peering in almost wistfully after school quite a few times too many for it to be a coincidence. Recklessly crossing the road, some startled drivers honked their horns. Oops, he should've been more careful, but you came first.

He wasn't going to let you suffer in silence anymore. He'd be damned if he allowed you to put on that mask of feigned cheerfulness again. He'd seen that pretty fake smile so many times that eventually he had forgotten what your real smile looked like. It had gotten so bad that he even began to believe that the plastic smile you adorned was your normal one. Wow, some Hawk Eye he had.

- End Takao -

- With You -

You were sobbing hysterically, the store blending into a mess of colors. Your mother used to love this place, always taking you here to buy lucky items. It had even earned a special place in your heart, no matter how much you wished to deny it. 

The Lucky Item Store was currently closed, only depressing you further. You wanted to die. What reason did you have to live? Before you were fighting so hard to save your mother, but now that she was long dead, your reason became hollow. "Why am I still lingering here? I want to leave this cruel world!" You screamed in agony, pulling at your hair.

"(Name)-chan!" A voice called you. You turned around and saw Takao pedalling desperately for you. Wait, pedalling? He was still steering that damn heavy cart! Looking slightly ridiculous with his profuse sweating caused from the exertion of tugging around the large bicycle, he yelled, "Don't go!"

"T-takao-kun,-" The front wheels crashed into the curb of the sidewalk, sending Takao flying and then hitting the ground, sliding towards you. Groaning in pain, he attempted to lift himself up. "Takao-kun! Oh my god, are you alright?" Running to his side, and rolling him onto his back, he was mumbling something. 

"C-come closer..." He requested, coughing.

"O-okay, I will. You alright? You're bleeding Takao..." Getting closer to hear him, you became instantly confused, hearing the words form.

"Makes you feel like leaping up, you say?
You remember the catal rhythm, right
To the past resounding in your heart, where you once gave up
Like the rusty scoreboard, you're also trembling here, right?
For now, let's first head for a future without any doubts." Takao sang.

"...Takao-kun? What the hell are you doing?"

He grinned, a trail of blood running down his face. "Hahaha, I just thought you needed some encouragement. Hope my words have inspired you!" Winking, he then proceeded to promptly pass out.

"Takao-kun!"

"Ugh..." Takao opened his eyes to find himself in a familiar room. It was your room and he found that his head was bandaged. How did he get here again? Spotting a worried you, it clicked. You must have brought him here after he blacked out. "Ahahaha, hi (Name)-chan."

"Y-you idiot!" You ran over to him and buried your face into his chest. "W-what were you thinking, pedalling that fast! And did you know how stupid you looked riding that cart everywhere?!"

Chuckling, Takao said, "I'm glad you're feeling better enough to yell at me."

"E-excuse me?"

He patted your head playfully, but became serious. "(Name)-chan, what were you saying before? You wanted to die?" You didn't know how to answer, so you just pretended to laugh.

"Haha, you didn't understand what I was saying? You know, Takao-kun, I don't even know what you were saying. A rusty scoreboard? Sheesh, I can't believe that you would still be thinking about basketball even while lying on the ground bleeding." Takao randomly took your hand in his. "Huh?"

"(Name)-chan, I know you gave up on life once before in the past. You were shuddering with all the pain you were trying to suppress." He pulled you closer.

"E-eh?" You stuttered, blushing.

"But if you'll let me, I'd like to help you forget about all your anxiety and torture. I'll help you move on. Let's first head for a future without any doubts."

"Takao-kun..." 

He kissed your forehead. "The first step to healing is releasing all those ugly emotions. Please, drop the mask, I hate watching you fake a smile. Stop pretending to be okay." 

You broke down for the second time that day, but Takao was there to hold you, to support you. You really were a lucky person.