Chapter 5

TW: Abuse/torture (I'll put *** before and after this part so you know when to skip)

1 June 1898

Y/N's POV

I'd been here for a little over a month. Every day it got worse and worse but every day brought me closer to the Delanceys. I also formed a bit of a bond with Matt and the guys.

My arm got progressively worse and worse and I was harbouring a growing collection of many injuries. The spider also came up with some additional charges to keep me locked up for an extra eight months.

Today, Snyder was extra agitated for some reason. He didn't even wait to find a reason to punish me, he just started the day by barging into my room, punching me in the face and calling me a "Stupid, worthless girl."

Little did I know that would be the least of what I faced today.

After Snyder left, Morris walked in my room. "Hey N/N, how you holdin' up, I heard the spider yell at you."
"Yeah just another day at the refuge."

"You don't deserve this, N/N."
"Neither do you, Mo but here we both are," I replied dejectedly.

He gave me a hug, "I gotta go but based on Snyder's mood, work will probably keep me here overnight. I'll probably see you later."
"Bye Morris."

Now I was alone again. Solitude was bittersweet because on the one hand, being alone meant that I wasn't with the spider getting beat up but on the other hand, it meant that I was left to my own thoughts.

Guess I didn't have to worry about loneliness much longer because in came the spider with the same frown he always wore.

"People are getting on my nerves today, DaSilva, and you're gonna help me get rid of that anger."

He then dragged me by the wrist off to the all too familiar room. (I mentally dubbed it the torture chamber)

***

The second we stepped foot inside he started relentlessly hitting me with a baseball bat.

He then pulled out a different bat but this one had spikes on it. Every time he hit me with it, the pain got worse and worse.

My bones seemed to all be breaking and I felt new cuts and bruises all over my body. I was bleeding so much. One particular blow to the stomach caused me to start coughing blood.

"Why are you doing this?" I meekly asked through coughs.
"Because you kids," he picked me up, "are nuisances!" He threw me into the wall full force.

"All you are to me is just another way to make money," he kicked my stomach three times then picked me up by my shirt.

"Worthless," he punched me in the face, "useless," another punch, "good for nothing," a final punch and then threw me onto the floor.

I saw him walk towards a box and wondered what he was getting. He came back with a knife in his hand. Well there's something new.

My eyes must've shown my terror because he smirked and darkly chuckled.

He then proceeded to go crazy with that knife and every cut he left hurt more than the last as the knife was seemingly cutting deeper into my skin each time.

After he was satisfied he started throwing glass bottles at me leaving some of the shards in my skin.

He then picked the knife back up and left a deep cut along the side of my face.

Just when I thought the worst had passed, he stabbed me in the side. Like literally stabbed me. I've never screamed more in my life. That pain was unbearable.