CHAPTER 17 : Two Women + Anxiety

Zenitsu stopped his track as he looks back, he somehow hearing voices asking for help, but he cannot tell who it was because there are so many noises back at the main city of Hoshimi.

Tanjiro glance at him, "Something wrong Zenitsu?"

He shook his head, "Nothing. I just heard something from the city, Nezuko-chan and Aoi-chan seems to be fine."

Inosuke snorts, "They should be! That red beet dude is looking after them!"

Tanjiro smiled and the three continued to run to go further into the housing where the people live on the hills. After half an hour of searching, Inosuke finally sense the whereabouts and lead the way.

The three was surprised to see there are exactly some of the civilians live here. There are about twenty until forty houses but this area is much different other than in the main city, the boys could tell those who live here don't have that many savings for their daily needs.

An old grandpa spots their existence as he approaches, "Oh, what a fine youngsters doing here in the afternoon?"

Tanjiro bowed his head followed by Zenitsu and Inosuke, "Were the former demon slayer corps, and we came here on behalf Granny Sae's permission to ask several questions here."

"Demon slayer corps?" asked the other man which are about thirty years old.

Soon the people gather around to see the boys, confuse and astonished by their looks. Three fine attractive men, especially the boar without his mask. They somehow could tell the three boys came from another city and here for visit.

Inosuke then realize, "Wait, why there are only males here?"

When he asked that, Tanjiro and Zenitsu also just notice. There was none female in the area, then some of the men spoke up with a sad tone. "All the females here are gone."

"Gone?! What do you mean gone?!" stated Zenitsu surprised.

"Our wives suddenly went missing for the past months, except only our daughter who was left behind. Were so hopeless, we don't know what to do." Explain one of them.

"WHAT?!" yelled the three in unison.

"How can you not inform the mayor or Granny Sae?! They should be able to help you all!" said Tanjiro confuse.

"You youngster may not know, but Hoshimi village is not the same like the way it used to be." Inform them that made the three had a bad feeling about this.

"What do you mean by that?" asked Inosuke with a low tone. He gritted his teeth when his beast form cannot sense through the city, he tried to gather if Aoi and Nezuko were really okay.

"You may not believe, but since Onna-Bugeisha was unavailable for many past years after Yui. The Hoshimi was being controlled hidden by none other than that the cruelest two women." Continued the others.