t e a c h e r

"Sometimes human places, create inhuman monsters." ― Stephen King

So sorry that it's been so long since I've updated this! This one's a little short but I have something longer planned.

extra chapter
"teacher"

It's been a strange week for Bar Red and it was about to get stranger.

He was alone for a couple days, as Clementine went to visit Gus and Fen with all of the kids so they could meet their newborn twins Vivianna and Peyton. Which wasn't bad, he just missed his wife and children. Even though they called and face timed him to tell him about their days and say goodnight, it didn't feel like enough.

He wasn't used to being alone, hasn't been for a long time.

But alas, Bar was starting a new job and had to stay behind to meet with one of the administrators at Harvard-- where he'll be working as an Art Professor. He isn't sure whether he's lucky that the poor bastard who used to teach there died or horrified that he was trying to fill the old man's shoes.

And today? Well, today is the first day of University life.

So he'll have to teach a bunch of excited, but probably tired, college kids and explain the syllabus to them before trying to talk to his colleagues to make a good impression. Something he's never been good at.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

"Oly," Clementine laughs over the phone slightly, the noise of his children bickering and trying to grab the phone from him floats over the background. "We wanted to call you to say good morning and good luck on your first day. Say hi, guys!"

"Hi, papa bear!" Eris shrieked, followed by Nyx giggling out a "We miss you!"

"Hey, girls," Bar laughs back, leaning against the doorway to his studio room. "Are you being good for your goddess mama? Where's the little man and Dela?"

"We're right here!" Dela yells, there's a sound of a struggle before he hears his wife start to scold both her and Nyx for rough housing. Ah, his wild girls being wild.

If only he was there to see that gorgeous smile on his wife's face when she talks to them-- that mom smile she gives that says she's so happy to love them but isn't afraid to

"Hi, poppy," Jazz's soft voice sounds through the phone as the other noises lower. He probably took the phone while everyone else was distracted, which will no doubt cause more chaos.

He taught the little trouble maker well.

"Hi, buddy," He chuckles. "How are you doing?"

"I miss you. Are you gonna come here with Mama and us?"

Bar's heart breaks just a little, and he frowns, "I'll see you when you get home, lil man. You guys are just visiting Uncle Auggie and Auntie Fen for another day. I... can't be there, I'm sorry."

"Why couldn't you come?" He hears the exact same kind of frown in his son's voice.

"I gotta work, bud." He says. "It's my first day, remember?"

Jazz gasps, "You're going to teach people how to color!"

"And more." Bar laughs and pushes off the door, seeing people fill into the hallway, glances at him before they seem to do a double take and checking the number above the door. Great. He should've expected people to be surprised that he's a teacher.

"Like, like what?" His son sounds so adorably excited. "Markers and colored pencils."

"Yep, like that. I'll be teaching people the history of art from a long, long time ago and how to recreate it with modern things."