m o n s t e r

“And when he broke, it was a miracle he managed to find all the pieces of himself again.”
― Kiera Cass

Nyx and Eris are both nine. Dela and Jazz are both seven.

I'm so out of practice that it's painful to see my own writing that's not fanfic. Please let me know if it's trash and I will redo it!

extra chapter
"monster"

Bar had a rather frustrating day at work.

He knew that being a professor of any sort would be hard work, dealing with all those barley-functioning college students and helping them figure out his class the best to his ability-- he just didn't know it also meant interacting with asshole coworkers.

Ignorant, dull-minded coworkers who didn't care about the students at all.

Coworkers he was meant to be nice to.

Approachable.

Fuck that.

He'd rather the whole university be scared of the, "tall, tattooed professor that could crush anyone like a toothpick", art instructor from the fourth floor then have them think he was approachable.

Bar Red was, of all things, not approachable.

Sure, he was nice and a good person-- something that took him quite a while to admit--  and he had a good life now but he refused to socialize when unnecessary.

People were just... gross and rude.

Why would be want to be associated with beings like that? People who didn't understand him or respect him?

Why bother?

So Bar didn't bother.

He did what was necessary, completed his work, helped a student here or there, and had a generally horrible day while doing so.

He was tired, grumpy, and pissed at a jackass history professor who thought gay people were devil spawns.

Obviously, the man didn't have many functioning brain cells.

If gay people were devil spawns they would've ruled the world and made it a better place by now.

Bar finally was able to go home, his car going a little over the speed limit but nothing too bad.

He just wants to sleep, see his wife and kids, and relax.

But, if course, what's the first thing he sees when he enters the door?

Law slapping Clementine.

The goddess's cheek was red and her eyes quickly filled with tears as the nerd rushed out an apology, both freezing as the door slams.

"Fuck!" Bar flips, his anger short-circuiting, his whole vision goes absolutely red and he stands up.

He was breathing heavy. Fists clenched. Eyes narrowed.

He opened his mouth to say--

But then... nothing.

When, abruptly, he was on top of Law, screams all around him as he punched his best friend, both hands bloody and all his knuckles busted and--

He hurt Law.

He hurt the guy who has been with him since they were children, who helped him through the worst thing of his life. The one who first knew about the abuse. The very first person he ever trusted.