c o n f e r e n c e

“I wear a necklace of hope with pearly beads. When I met you, it broke, and the beads spilled all over the floor, into the gutters.”
― Karen Quan

Nyx and Eris are both seven years old, Dela and Jazz are both four. The girls are in first grade and the younger twins are in preschool. This one's a little short, jsyk.

Dare I triple update? Yes. Yes I do dare.

extra chapter
"conference"

Dela and Jazz were with Gus and Fen, having a play date with the goof's kids and the nerd's kids.

Axel, only a couple months younger than the girls, quickly grew to be their friend-- one of Nyx's best friend.

Gus and Fen also had a pair of twins, Payton and Viviana-- Eris' bestie-- and only a year younger than the girls and all five of them all friends.

And finally, another son as young as Jazz and Dela born mere days apart, named Atticus.

All of Gus' kids called Bar grandpa.

Law and Eli adopted three girls, all now four years old but babies when they first were brought into the family, named Lavender, Scarlette, and Catalina.

Thankfully, all the children got along and were happy to spend the day together.

Gus loved hanging out with the kids, having as much energy as they did, but Fen always had a limited amount of patients.

It made Bar laugh at her a lot, since he didn't have good patience either but at least he had better patience than her.

While most of the kids were having fun, Bar and his little goddess were at a parent-teacher meeting, their girls with them as they talked with their daughters' teacher-- Nyx and Eris busy coloring or reading at one of the desks.

"Hello, Mr. Red, Mrs. Red." Mrs. Bix shook both of their hands, her eyes slightly wide whenever she looked at Bar.

Despite him growing up, the town had get to grow with him and loose the opinion about him being a beast.

He didn't mind so much anymore.

He knew that he was far from beastly.

"Thank you for h-having us," Clementine replied, sitting down after Bar pulls out her chair for her, him being seated right next to the little goddess. "You emailed us and said we needed to come in and talk about the twins?"

"That's right." The teacher nodded, flicking her eyes over to where the twins were seated across the room, Nyx coloring over a paper with her hands stained from paint and Eris neatly reading a book, a pink bow in her hair.

"Are they both doing okay?" Bar asked.

The twins usually had no problem coming to their parents with anything that was bothering them, even at a young age.

"Educationally wise, yes. Your daughters are both extremely intelligent for their age, the rest of the class struggles to keep up with them." The teacher informed, which Bar and the little goddess already knew but didn't bother to say. "There was an incident at recess yesterday involving bullying."

Knowing the history between them alone, Bar looked to Clementine and she looked back, minty eyes concerned.

"Bullying?" She questioned.

"I'm afraid so," Mrs. Bix sighed out. "Nyxonia--"

"She just likes being called Nyx." Bar corrected, wanting his daughters preferences respected.

She only liked being called Nyx by anyone outside of her family. Her family, however, called her by her middle name-- Blaine.

"Sorry, I'll remember that. Nyx," The teacher said, putting emphasis on her name. "Was getting bullied and when Eris stood up for her, the boy pushed her and Nyx scratched the boy and punched him as well. The parents complained about the violence but since it was in self-defense and defense of her sister, she won't get into any trouble. However, the boy did say that Nyx called him the b-word."

"She swore?" Clementine said, giving her husband the stink eye but Bar only winked back. "Wonder where she learned t-that from."

"Me too," Bar shrugged.

Then he called his daughters over to him as Clementine carried on the conversation with their teacher, "Godlings, come here real quick."

Nyx and Eris stopped what they were doing and happily raced over to their father, giggling when he pulled them both onto his lap.

"Papa bear," Nyx poked his dimple, minty eyes staring up at him along with her sister, her dark eyes matching his. "You look grumpy."

"Yeah, yeah." He bounces them both, making the twins giggle again. "Can you tell me what happened yesterday?"

"Warren called Blaine ugly!" Eris exclaimed, knowing exactly what her papa wanted to know. "So I yelled at him and, and he pushed me, Papa. Boys are mean! I think I like girls more."

"You can like whoever you want as long as they're nice to you, okay?" Bar said. "Now, who is that punk kid Warren and did you fight him, Blaine?"

"Warren Creed. He's a butt," Nyx said, crossing her arms. She might look like her mother, but she was a grump just like her father. "And he always picks on me. Rissy was trying to help and he just pushed her! So I punched him like how you taught me to but I didn't mean to scratch him. That part was an accident."

"And you called him the b-word?"

"Motherfucker doesn't start with a b."

Despite himself, Bar laughed, unable to help it, "Okay, godlings, thank you for standing up for one another but no swearing. Always defend each other, okay?"

"Okay, Papa!" They both said, in sync and giggling a second later.

"Next time someone picks on you, tell your teacher or one of us, and no more fighting, alright?" Bar grumbled out. "We don't want to stress out your mama."

"What if someone calls Blaine a name?"
"What if he pushes Rissy again?"
Came the instant replies.

"Then you protect one another like I know you girls always will." Bar said, making the twins look at each other and then nodding, determination on their small features. "Protect yourself and others but don't give anyone boo boos that they don't deserve. Promise?"

"Promise!"

The three of them all locked their pinky fingers together and then focused onto the little goddess and Mrs. Bix, who were still talking.

Bar knew that him and the little goddess raised their kids right, even if their teacher wouldn't agree.

Even if society didn't, either.