s i c k

"I am going to tell you a secret. Everything is about wanting. Everything. Things happen because of people wanting. Watch closely, and you'll see what I mean."
―David Mitchell

This is the something else that I had planned :D))
Also, I'm still asking myself why I named my beloved girl Clementine if all things. I'm sitting here wondering this as I eat clementines.

Sorry for not publishing for awhile, I got so busy with so many things that it overwhelmed me.

extra chapter
"sick"

"Babygirl," Oly groans at her over the phone, whining a second later. "I can't believe you abandoned me and the girls in my time of need."

"Pfft, Oly," Clementine rolls her eyes, leaning back in her seat with a smile. "You can take care of the girls for a, a single day when they're sick without me."

"That is where you're so, so wrong, my beautiful wife," He says. "I am pitiful without you, we are pitiful without you. Jazz has been so cranky today, he really wants to show you something he made but you're not here."

"What is it?" She asks, a smile tugging onto her lips.

"I'm not ruining that surprise, the little man might just cry. So, I was thinking I'd feed everyone and since Gus, that dumbass, is here, I'd leave the girls with them and take Jazz to come meet you for your lunch break?"

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Clementine asks. "He might ask to stay, then you're gonna have to be the bad guy and say no."

"Jazz, you hear that? We can go!"

"Oly," She laughs when she hears her son cheering, and the start of a car engine. "Are you on the way already?"

"Yes, and when I get there I get a kiss and a hug and you get to come with me to the park, sit on my lap so we can eat while Jazz explains to you his amazing creation." He spoke with complete confidence, and I'd be a lie to say she wasn't smiling because of it. "Sound like a plan, babygirl?"

"Sounds like a plan," Clementine hums. "Can Jazz h-hear me?"

"Not anymore, sweetheart, why? You okay?"

"Perfectly fine, just make this kiss count when you get here."

"Hm, of course, Ms. Red." Her King chuckles out. "I will definitely kiss you and--"

"Ew!" She heard her son giggle out. "Stop being gross, papa!"

"Okay, okay. Like that's possible, little man."

Laughing, and hearing her office door open from behind her, she says her goodbye and I love you before hanging up and swiveling around to face Debra, her co-worker.

"Hey, Deb," Clementine smiled at her, feeling a little nervous.

Her co-workers and her didn't really get the chance to hang out or learn about each other a lot since she started working there a year about. Being in neuropsychology, the field was lonely and jobs were easy to find but hard to be in.

She worked in a private hospital, one that deals in research and diagnosis and she's the one who deals with talking to the patients to figure out what is going on with them.

Paired that with her kids, she's really busy.

Her co-workers are a little older than her, but even some of them-- although want to-- don't have kids or aren't married so they can't understand the responsibility that goes along with that. Clementine's a bit shy and despite all her intelligence, she's always just seemed childish and soft to others.