b a b i e s

"A first child is your own best foot forward, and how you do cheer those little feet as they strike out. You examine every turn of flesh for precocity, and grow it to the world. But the last one: the baby who trails her scent like a flag of surrender through your life when there will be no more coming after. Oh, that's love by a different name."
—Barbara Kingsolver

Both Clementine and Bar are now twenty-two, btw!

extra chapter
"babies"

"Oly," Clementine sang out, plopping next to him in their living room. "Want to go get ice cream with me?"

"Sure, baby," Bar chuckled at her excitement and kissed her lips, closing his book in the process. "When do you want to go?"

"Right n-now."

Bar frowns, "I thought you had homework to do right now?"

Homework in the form of an 18-page essay dedicated to the basic understandings of how the brain's chemicals and it's multitudes of different functions correlate to emotions and the effects on one's attitude.

Simple things, really.

Just tiring to write out, which Bar understood and knew she was trying to procrastinate.

"I'm neglecting that responsibility for the moment," Clementine admitted sheepishly, a cute grin on her lips. "But for now, let's not deny our tastebuds and get some mint chocolate chip ice cream!"

"Fine," He chuckles, standing before grabbing the little goddess and holding her over his shoulder. "Let's go."

"I'd be complaining if your back was any less muscular."

"Well, I get your perky little ass right here," He squeezed her inner thigh, smoothly moving it up to her cheeks. "So really I'm the one who has no reason to complain."

"You're so dirty."

"You're so kinky."

"Oly!" Clementine's tiny fists banged against his back twice making him bark out laughter. "Why do you bring that up so much? Weirdo."

"Because I love how flustered it makes you, baby," He tells her, moving through their home and slips on his shoes and manages to get some flip flops onto her feet, too. "And because I can."

"Caveman," The little goddess grumbles back.

"Minx," He gives her ass a nice squeeze, feeling it jiggle when he releases his hold.

Clementine releases a heavy breath at the action and Bar knows that her cheeks are a burning red, which causes him to smirk as he pockets both of their phones, his wallet, and goes out of the home.

He locks the door behind him and heads right to midnight, listening to the little goddess hum along with every step.

"There," Bar gently set her down, only letting go when he knows Clementine is stable on her feet. "You have your legs back."

"Thank you, Mr. Grumpy sir."

"Welcome, Mrs. Cuteness ma'am."

Clementine giggles and enters the passenger side of the '68. Bar quickly rounds the car's rear and gets into the driver's seat, turning Midnight on.

The drive started off with the little goddess flicking through multiple stations on the radio, making Bar frown when she goes over her favorite one.

He spared her a glance and could instantly tell that she was distracted by something, fidgeting.

"Baby," Bar said. "You okay?