Chapter 13: Start the Preparations

Copyright © 2020, Nikki B. Lourie if you are reading this work on any other domain than Wattpad, it has been plagiarized. 

Friday seemed to be taking forever to come. Janessa was pleasantly on pins and needles. To say that it was a simple task working beside the dreamboat was a lie. Every smile, every hushed conversation, every accidental touch felt like sweet torture. Of course, Leslie wasn't aware of the effect he was having on her, but at times it was difficult for her to remember that he truly was visually impaired. She felt as if he could see her every expression and reaction. It wasn't fair how transparent she appeared to him at times.

"So next month we will be traveling to Austria. Vienna to be more specific."

Vienna? Wasn't it supposed to be the capital of romance or something? Who knows.?  It's not like she had ever traveled. She didn't know what was what outside of her geography lessons in school. Wouldn't it be romantic for them to host their wedding in Vienna? The architecture alone would be worth the trip.

"So, this should give you enough time to check your passport and update your immunization record," Leslie informed her. "Janessa, are you listening?"

Yes, a beautiful cathedral wedding. He would look stunning in a cream tuxedo.

"Beauty? Beauty!"

"Y-yea? I was listening. Weddings are beautiful in Vienna," she spewed still slightly disoriented.

"Who is getting married in Vienna?"

Janessa shook her head to clear out the cobwebs and sighed, "Nothing. It's nothing. I was daydreaming."

"You seem to be a bit distracted lately," Leslie commented with a smirk. "Could it be that you're thinking about our date? Are you nervous?"

"N-nervous? Why would I be nervous?" Janessa huffed, waving heat from her face.

Leslie frowned. He shuffled his feet listlessly as he thought about his bottled-up emotions since asking Janessa out to dinner. "Well, I guess I'm the only one feeling nervous. Here I am thinking about what I should do and what I shouldn't say. I've contemplated whether you'd let me hold your hand or embrace you...I was the only one."

His eyes dropped to the ground as his cheeks tinged with embarrassment. Janessa dropped the documents she had been in the process of filing and sat beside him at his desk. His fingers were still in place tracing over the braille before him. "You're not the only one," she whispered.

Her right hand reached for him until their fingers were nicely intertwined. The feel of his smooth yet hard hands made her feel warm inside. As a harpist, he took immense pride in his hands and kept up with their care. Even his cuticles were perfectly manicured and his nails were evenly trimmed. His very hands were beautiful...and Janessa wanted them all over her, in her hair, caressing her face. She sighed wantonly.

"You don't have to wait for our date to touch me, Leslie. I'd like for you to touch me," she nervously confessed. Pressure accosted her plump bottom lip as her teeth sunk deeper against her soft flesh. Would he think she was a pervert?

"M-may I kiss you?" He stood to his feet easily towering over her. Janessa's hands slid backward as he approached. His aggressive yet eager man was adorable. She regarded his still flushed cheeks, his steel eyes almost holding her gaze, his eyebrows touching as he slightly frowned while awaiting a response.

Closing her eyes, Janessa leaned forward and sighed, "Yes."

Pressing into her hands, she lifted her upper body to meet him halfway. The feel of his warm breath on her mouth was incomprehensible. Her mouth watered as if Leslie was a delicious meal she couldn't wait to devour. Just another millimeter and they would be kissing. She had been waiting for this very moment since she had first seen him play the harp. Her heart rate accelerated, the sound drumming against her sternum and causing her to have shaky breath. She couldn't believe it was finally about to happen. She would feel his strong arms wrap about her body and hold her close.