chapter 1

Everything went dark. I could hear the shouts and screams of bystanders, but what good will panicking do after the deed is done, when you didn't even care before.

*Flashback*

'damn I am tired...'

Y/n, 17 yrs old, was going to the convience store to buy dinner. There weren't many people out at this unholy hour. Regardless, there were a few.

Suddenly a few youngsters on bikes came and started to harass a lady. Even though everyone was watching, the people did nothing.

y/n silently crossed them and when inside the convience store, afterall this had nothing to do with him.

'Trash... All of them... Hmm... now that I think about it, I seen this scene before... that's right, it's pretty similar to that scene in death note when light kills that guy.', y/n actually looked for light in the convience store, ' Though I don't see any light here...', he laughed at himself.

It started with just asking her to give her number... But pretty soon escalated into a gang rape.

The youngsters then started to disrobe the woman. Even with all her screaming no one responded.

Y/n frowned. 'this is getting out of hand', he thought.

He went out to try and stop them before it can get any bigger. As he is about to threaten them about calling the police the woman escapes the man's grip and dashes towards the other side of the road.

' t-the truck'

As soon as y/n sees the truck rushing towards the woman, everything goes blurry.

When the woman realises the approaching truck, it's already too late. It all happens in a nano second, the woman is pushed away from the truck and a young boy takes the space occupied by the woman.

BAAM

Completed silence. Everybody present at the horrifying scene doesn't speak a word and it feels as if

Time has stopped

Back to present

'So this is dying... not so bad. If anything it's peaceful, I didn't even feel anything from the truck impact.' y/n is currently floating in a warm dark place. After what felt like months he is pushed towards what seems like a white light. 'ah is this the end??

Peaceful..

good thing I wasn't reincarnated or something...that would be such a drag(little does y/n know that is exactly what is happening).' As he is pulled towards the light he realised something is wrong and could hear someone calling his name. Softly at first but as the distance shortened the voice grew louder until.....

"Y/N L/N!!!"

"huh?" Y/n wakes up in a classroom full of students and the teacher is glaring dagger at him.

"Sleeping in class!! Do u want detention??"

<Y/n pov>

I just stared back at the teacher.
'is this person speaking... Japanese?!'

Even though I didn't know how to write japanese, as a pro anime weeb not knowing how to speak anime would be an insult.

"Gomenasai sensei...", I said.

The teacher accepted my apology."it's fine...just don't do it again"

I understood and noded my head.

The rest of the day went by silently with me trying to gasp the situation I am currently in. Though I figured out some out it.

First off, I have transmigrated into another world...

Second off, I am in Japan (duh)

Third off, I am not me anymore...

At last the school ended and I walked out of the class as normally as I could. As I was about to go out of the school, a group of boys surround me.

'huh? Are these people my friends?? Why does there body language look like they are trying to assert dominance??(not that way) Whatever I need to get home fast wherever it is...'

"Oi y/n, lend me a 2500 yens...I am short on cash currently" one of the boy likely the leader orders. I look around to see who he is saying this to but there is no one here except a pretty brunette minding his own business.' ahh...so they are bullies now I get it now. But how do I deal with this??...' suddenly I get an idea, one of the best idea, mind you, for a situation like this.

"NNIIGGAARRUUNNNDDAAAYYOOO!!"

I run away as fast as I can from those bullies.

*Timeskip*

'Man I think I ran too far away.... Uuggghh, what the hell have I gotten myself into' I internally cursed.
I am currently in an unknown neighborhood but it kinda feels familiar." Why aren't you going inside??" Someone asks me. As I look up to see who the person is, I see the same brunette I saw at school before I ran away. I say nothing and go inside the house of which I am resting infront of.
I find a key and try it at the door and it miraculously opens. As I enter and close the door behind me I already know that the brunette was none other than...

LIGHT YAGAMI

So I am probably in...

DEATH NOTE