chapter 20

14 January, 2007.

<Y/n pov>

Finally... The entrance exam is today... Also, Light and L's first meeting... Great...

I leave my house with light and ryuk beside me and both Sayu and Mrs Yagami wishing us good luck.

"Well this is gonna be a piece of cake for you light, right?", I said teasing light.

"Hmm... You could say the same for yourself. You ace most of tests in school without even studying", Light said.

"Well what can I say... I was born smart", I smirk towards him and light snorts.

Both of us enter the examination room and sit on our designated seats.

Seat no. 161...

'If I remember correctly L's seat number is...'

Just then a slouching black head... Comes and takes the seat beside me

'No.162'

L was the same as I remembered... loose white t-shirt, jeans, messy hair and big cute eyes...

Before I knew it, my hand moved to pat L's head...

Wait what...

His hair are soft...

L suddenly turned towards me and stared. I withdraw my hand.

"Umm... I'm sorry. It's just... You look like a panda... And my hand moved before I could stop it", I said as I was internally face palming myself.

Where is the self control when you need it!?!

After that awkward moment, the exam soon starts and both of us pay no mind to each other.

"Student no.162... please sit properly!", The examiner said and L payed no heed to it.

Sitting in his weird posture and holding his pen as if it were something disgusting, He just kept staring at me and light.

"Panda-kun, you should focus on yoor own test paper.", I whispered to him as he was staring at he in the middle of the test.

L flinches at the nickname I gave him, and stops staring at me noticeably.

much better...

I still haven't forgotten that crazy yandere girl who, if it weren't for jealous who sacrificed himself, would probably gorge my heart out and eat it.

i wonder what happened to her body?

The fish would have probably eaten her up, her face shouldn't even be recognizable and even if they do find her body, what's it got to do with me? The cause of death was a heart attack, no physical damage is done...

The girl was standing on a bridge, for some reason she fell and she drowned. 

I finish my test and see that L beside me is also done.

"You done, panda-kun? Waah... you are either very stupid or extremely smart...", i said.

"It's Hideki Ryuuga... not panda-kun", said L with a deadpan look.

"Ohh... is panda-kun angry?? panda-kun should eat some bamboo... i read somewhere pandas have eat 10 to 12 hours a day, or else they'll starve.", I said really enjoying teasing him.

L stares at me,  and said nothing again.

the examination ends, and everybody leaves the examination hall. I lose L in the crowd, not that I mind, and reunite with light and ryuk who are standing at the entrance.