chapter 22

I know my update timing is a bit haywire, but it's not my fault!

I have exams every two months! November is all exams... then January, again, EXAMS... Then March is again exams...

You have got to cut me some slack 🐍

Moving on... Enjoy!

------------------------------x------------------------------

All three of us stood together on the campus tennis court.

Ryuuga and light walked towards the court.

"Just a friendly match, Ryuuga? I should warn you that I have some tennis experience...", Said light as he took out his racket.

"No worries, Yagami-kun. I placed first in england's junior tennis championships.", Said Ryuuzaki.

"You spent your childhood in england?", I beat light to the question.

"Lived there for 5 years... don't worry . this bit of information is useless as far as the identity of " L " is concerned.", said Ryuuzaki as he moved to the other side of the court.

"Play to six", asked Ryuuzaki.

"No problem", replied Light.

The game began. The game that foreshadowed how light was going to win and L was going to lose began.

The intense game didn't go fail to get the attention and soon the entire University had gathered to watch the match. A referee appeared out of nowhere.

I zoned out as I already knew the results. Light will win and L would lose.

"Y/n!!", I heard someone say my name.

I just as I turned my attention to the match and saw a blob speeding towards me.

Out of instinct, my hand reached out and covered my face which was where the ball was heading to.

The ball touched my hand and I cushioned the ball to reduce the momentum of the ball. Nonetheless, a sharp pain pierced through my hand as I dropped the ball which fell on the ground.

Everyone watching the match went silent. The two players on the court forgot their match as they rushed towards me.

"Duck... I think I broke a finger"

*********************************************************

<3rd POV>

The match was abandoned as both the player were currently tending to a injured person. The shinigami was kind of out of place, and the other couldn't come out.

"I'm sorry Y/n! It's all my fault!!", said Light with a panicked expression. Ryuuzaki came back with a first-aid kit and warped a bandage over my broken finger.

"Light, I already said it's fine... but I should probably go to the hospital.", Y/n said with a relaxed expression like the broken finger didn't belong to his hand.

"I'll go with you", two voices overlapped each other and the owners looked at the other person and had a mini staring contest in those 2 seconds.

Sensing something amiss, Y/n quickly spoke up," It's fine... not a big deal... I just go by myself, you both should just go in a cafe and chill it I come back"

"Will you be alright??", Light said as he gazed at Y/n's hand.

"I'll be fine", Y/n said with a kind smile.