chapter 6

<Light pov>

I go inside my room and put the death note on the study table.

Then I lay down on my bed.

"power to kill someone with just a name and a face...it's obviously fake...I must be crazy to have bought it home", I say out loud.

But a little voice on my head urges me to try it.

I then get up from my bed and open the small television screen featuring live news.

As the screen lights up the breaking new is played, "The accused, Kurou Otoharada killed and wounded six people before taking eight pupils and staff members hostage at a nursery school. We are reporting live from outside the nursery school, the police have completed surround it..."

I look at man's name and face and keeping his face in mind write his name on the deathnote. I wait.

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, zero....", I look at the screen but nothing changes.

"......"

I sigh, slightly disappointed but not surprised.

"What is this?!? The hostages are coming out!!, The police are going in to arrest the criminal. The police didn't fire any shots I repeat the police didn't fire any shots.", My shock grew after every word the journalist spoke.

This can't be, it has to be a coincidence.

"It seems the criminal dies of an heart attack heart attack while inside the nursery...", My eyes grow wide when I hear this piece of news.

I turn off the television and try to digest the piece of news I just received.

The power to kill indirectly, it's real- wait no it could be a coincidence... I have to test it again, all of this could just be a coincidence.

With conflicting thoughts in my mind I get ready for night school.

*Time skip to before the night classes*

'I have to try the death note again... But who should I kill?...it has to be a criminal, but not to well known so the news of him dieing would most probably be covered up... I also need immediate results...'

"Ryo~... I am short on cash, lend me some money, 2000 yen would be enough..."

"W-what? Again you some last time too sudou..."

"Why do you have a problem?"

"N-no"

'sudou...', when I hear this I feel sickened.

'I hate bullies, y/n must have gone through all of this everyday, maybe I should kill him along with the guys who bullied y/n-... Wait no what am I thinking, I shouldn't kill somebody close to me, it will just raise suspicion.'

'wait why should I worry?... No one would care if a few people like them would end up dead ...'

Suddenly the teachers enters and the class begins...

*Time skip to after the classes*

I stand up and exit the night school.

"do you wanna hang out on the weekend??"

"Hey how can you not invite me?!"

"Damnit mom!! I told her to come pick me up"

It's sickening...everyone of them...Looking around me I start to think the world is better off without all of them.

Looking around me I start to think the world is better off without all of them