chapter 23

"Yagami-kun...", Interrupts L.

"Hmm?", Light looks towards him.

"What kind of a person do you think Kira is?", asked L.

"Kira?", Said Light.

"The same question for you l/n-kun...", Said L.

"He is...", Said Light.

"They are a teenager from a rich family.", Y/n interrupts Light.

"Teenage from a rich family? That sounds like a good lead...", Said L.

"First, lets assume that the theory that kira uses supernatural powers to kill his victim is true. 'kill all the criminals and scare people out of committing crimes and make the world a better place' this is the idealistic view of an elementary student or at best, a high school student.", said Light.

"Correct... if the person who has that power is younger than that, he'd either fear his power too much to use it or he would just kill the people he doesn't like...

On the other hand, if an older person had such a power he would use it to gain personal wealth, not to reform the world.", Y/n continued.

"Also, kira is probably a rich kid who is relatively ignorant and doesn't have much freedom... he is most likely a middle- schooler with his own computer and television.", Concluded Light.

'ignorant? thats the only point i disagree on.

also, judging from the personalty i think kira is most likely a high school student.', thought L.

"If we sort through the suspects using yagami-kun's criteria... the most likely suspect is..." 

"sami yagami"

Light burst out and shouted, "that's enough! why are you always trying to upset my father!?"

"I was just following up on yagami-kun's reasoning...", L said nonchalantly.

Mr. Yagami opened his mouth to stop both of them, " both of you stop it..."

"I won't feel any worse no matter what i hear, but if you want to fight then go outside....

I may be biased about this, but sami can't be kira. She's the kind of person who would just cry over something she doesn't like instead of doing something about it."

"I see", said L

"kira is evil...is what i thought.", Mr. Yagami continued, "But recently, i've changed my mind. It is the power to kill that is evil, not the person who has it. It is a misfortune to have that power. The happiness achieved by murdering people cannot be true happiness."

"I wonder why he didn't that say raito can't be kira. hehehe", the silent ryuk finally spoke up.

"then in other words, if kira received that power as a normal person, then he was doomed by that power? and it doesn't matter how it is used

"then in other words, if kira received that power as a normal person, then he was doomed by that power? and it doesn't matter how it is used...", said L.