Chapter-7

Akira's POV

A knock is what woke me up from my nap. I might have just imagined the knock though. I yawn. My idiotic self decided to stretch. And let me just tell you possibly broken ribs hurt like hell. I really need to get my ribs checked. Tears leave my eyes as I bite my tongue to suppress a scream.

Another knock was heard. Oh thank god I'm not going crazy and someone really knocked. I furiously wipe my tears hoping nobody can tell I was crying cause then I need to come up with a excuse and all. I take deep breaths trying to calm myself.

Oh shit I haven't replied to the knock. "Come in" I say. Gently standing up against the headboard to avoid more pain. I had expected my brothers or dad to come in but instead a pretty women in her 20s came in. She was dressed professionally.

"Good evening Ms. Ferrari" The women says with a kind smile. I stay there for a while confuse then it hits me my real surname is Ferrari. "Good morning" I say with a raised eyebrow. "I'm Katie. Your dad's assistant" Katie introduces herself. "Akira. Nice to meet you" I say with a polite smile offering my hand to shake. She accepts it and replies with a polite, "Nice to meet you too".

I try to rub the sleep out of my eyes as I see Katie going through her hand bag. She offers me a professional looking letter. I raise my eyebrow at her as I accept it. "Mr. Ferrari told me to give it to you" Katie informs me. I nod as a reply and turn the envelope around. It was sealed by wax and stamped. The stamp looks pretty cool not gonna lie. It's a snake if the shape of 'F'. I carefully open the envelope and take out a yellow paper. I unfold it to reveal it's a letter.

Dear Akira,

Firstly I like to sincerely apologies to you that I can't personally be there. We had an urgent business call and we meaning me and all your brothers. Trust me when I say I would like to throw everything and be there with you and I know the boys totally agree. But this an emergency and we have no other choice.

All the maids, cooks and security are there in the house and anything you need you can ask them they will bring it for you. If you have and questions or anything you need to talk to me about or if anything happens don't hesitate to call me. I believe you know all our numbers are saved in your phone.

You have probably met Katie till now. If I remember right I have saved her number also in your phone and you can call her to if you need anything from her. Katie is probably there right now. As I mentioned yesterday I would be taking you shopping today but due to change of events I can't so Katie has bought you clothes for you in correct size. She will help you set your closet up. I hope you like the clothes and sorry I couldn't take but I will make sure that I will take you shopping another time.

And your brothers told me to tell you sorry for not being there with you on their behalf. And also the twins told me to inform you that they will give you the house tour when they return which is probably tomorrow  morning or noon.

All the love

Dad

I smile at the letter. I know mafia emergencies can't be ignored and when it happens you need to go no matter what. And the mafia thing I wonder when they'll tell me or if they ever will. Oooooh I can tease them about it and act like i don't know about it but make random comments related to mafia. They think of me as a sweet innocent girl who will be terrified when she will find out about underworld. Oh how wrong they are, *Evil laughs* I can't wait to have fun with this.

They are so worried I'm mad at them it's cute. And them feeling guilty is adorable to me. I'm still getting used to people caring about how I feel. It's weird like really weird but I can get used to it.