Chapter-10

Akira's POV

The footsteps get closer and closer towards my bed until

i felt a presence behind me. You know when you feel someone's presence like near you. Like you know they are there in some weird way. No? But then-. Concentrate Akira concentrate. There can be a serial killer behind you. Right now is not the time.

Now that the weird conversation I had with myself is done. I get alert my assassian skills coming in handy. I force my tense body to relax otherwise the mystery person might get suspicious.

I feel my bed dip a little causing me to take a sharp breath. The mystery person shifts closer so he is near me in the process making a lot of noise. He is not really good at his job.

There was a moment of silence then a hand was softly running through my hair in a comforting way. Tf? Who does this to their victim/target? Cause I sure would not. Now that I think about it, This is insanely weird and creepy.

Drops of water was falling on my hair. He/she is crying? By the sounds of it, he was trying his best not to sob by taking gasps of air as quietly as he can. It broke my heart. I know the pain when you wanna let all your emotions out but force yourself not to.

The sounds of him trying to keep in his sobs were heartbreaking. Fuck it. I don't care if this is a serial killer and he will kill me, he is hurt and I need to comfort him.

I turn around to see who was crying. To my surprise it was dad. His hand froze and his eyes widen along with mine. "What are you doing awake?" He asks his voice laced with concern and surprise. "You weren't exactly being quite" I say greening sheepishly. "Another lie. I know since you were kid you are a heavy sleeper." He mumbled under his breath. My body immediately tense up. I don't think he wanted me to hear that. I cover up my shock as best as I can for what I was hoping was a innocent clueless expression. "What?" I asked in fake confusion and knitted my brow together. "Nothing" Dad said smiling softly. Then I realized he didn't have his wall up. I remembered the crying part and abruptly stood up in worry. I haven't known my dad for a long time that I remember but I deeply care for him.

I looked him in the face and asked, "What's the matter? Why are you crying? Are you okay?" I bombarded him with questions. He chuckled at my concern and looked past me to off space. An unknown expression washed over him. One of guilt? Why though?

"I failed you principessa. I couldn't protect you. I let you my little girl who I vowed to protect forever get hurt" He said his voice cracking as tears left the so called ruthless mafia kings eyes. A sad smile came to my face. He cared so much for me? He was guilty he couldn't protect me?

That was the moment when I felt my heart ache a little. It felt like someone was tugging on it. Then I felt a knot on my throat. I tried my level best to swallow it. I did something that surprised both me and him I jumped in his arms. My walls that I spent years building came crashing down. I knew that moment I fully trusted him. It was really scary knowing he now had the power to singlehandedly break me. But I trust him that he will not do that. It has been such a little time I've been around him and the fact that he managed to break the walls no one but two people in the world have ever been to in such little time is unbelievable.

He seemed taken aback with my sudden show of affection but when he did realize what was happening he immediately scooped my up in his arms so I was completely on his lap now. He stuffed his face on my hair and heavy sobs wrecked through his now shaking body. I let him cry. I let him let out all the things he has cooped up for years.

After a while when he calmed down he readjusted my position so now I was sideways in his lap with my head on his chest as he ran his hand through my hair. He smiled softly looking at me like I'm the only thing that matters. I raised my eyebrow not trusting my voice as the knot still rested on my throat wanting to break out.

"You don't know how much I missed holding you in my arms bambina. I remember the day you were born. It is the best day of my life with no doubt. I remember pacing up and down in the hospital hallway anxious for hours. When the nurse came and told me you and your mom both were safe I was sooo relieved. I pushed her aside and ran into the hospital room. They handed me a pink bundle. I gently hold you and the first time I looked at you I lost it. Tears left my eyes and for the first time I was seen crying. Nobody had ever seen me cry before that. The moment I looked at you I vowed to never let anyone or anything hurt you" He said looking in my eyes as tears leaved his eyes and mine too. "You were my little shadow. You were always a daddy's girl which always made your mom jealous. I remember how every day when I came home from work stressed as soon as I entered through the door your two year self stumbled barely being able to walk and ran into my arms. You managed to bring a smile to my face on my worst days." He smiled at the memories. At this point I was full on crying.

"The day that they took you was when hell let lose. I completely broke down. I lost my little shadow that day. I killed the entire security team in fury. (A/N-I know dad just blurted out his secret but he doesn't realize it. Akira notices it but let's it slide for now)Then I completely broke down. I sobbed not caring what's happening in the world. I didn't eat or sleep for weeks. After a few weeks of me just crying not eating and sleeping I picked myself up for my family but I was never the same. I made myself feel numb by distracting myself by working nonstop. I never let a tear slip out of my eyes until now. I never smiled ever after that until you my principessa returned. After all that years you made me smile and break my wall down within hours. I'm supposed to be big bad maf- business man but you have me wrapped around your little finger. You literally broke down my walls that no one has ever been able to in 4 hours bambina" He said chuckling at the end. I listening to every word he said as big fat tears leaved my eyes.

"When you returned it was hard for me to not run to you and hold you in a bone crushing hug and never let you go. Every time I see you I just want my little shadow back. I just want to hold you in my arms. And I know I know it's not your fault. You don't even remember us let alone why would you let us hold you, it just hurts." Dad said looking down. I felt guilty for causing him pain.

"You can" I said. His head immediately snapped towards me. So fast I think he might've sprained it. He looked at me in shock and breathed out a "what?" of surprise. "you can but on one deal" I say jokingly wanting to lift the environment.

"Is that so?" Dad asked raising his eyebrows amusement clear in his voice. I hummed as a reply. Dad understood my motive and wiped all tears of his face and smiled and then wiped my tears also softly. "And what might that be?" Dad asked now smiling with amusement. "Never use your emotionless voice around me. It's scary" I say looking down. It's really actually scary though. It send chills down my spine. It's scary like really scary. Dad softly smiled at me and kissed my forehead. "Promise" He said looking in my eyes showing me he's not lying. I smiled excitedly at him and he just chuckled at my reaction.

He pulled the sheets over me and started humming a song that seems familiar but i don't exactly remember it, rocking us back and forth. I have never felt safer and at ease ever in my life. That night I fell asleep in my father's arm genuinely happy. For the first time in a long time I slept with no nightmares and a smile on my face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

So this is the next chapter i hope you enjoy it. Please vote and share if you like this chapter and follow me i f you like my work.

Thank you so much for your support. I never thought this book would reach 7k reads and i never imagined it to be this fast either.

I know it's really early for me to post but these few days every night the electricity goes out due to the storm so i'm guessing it will go out today also so i'm posting right now. Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

-Love Shreeya

-