13 || Unexpected Surprises

7 weeks.

That's how long I've been back home.

7 weeks since I've left Cairo and left who could might has well been the love of my life behind.

7 weeks since I've last spoke with him. Only a few texts here and there.

3 days.

That's the number of days I've been sick.

2 pink lines.

Well...I guess everybody knows what that means.

"Fuck" I curse leaning against the bathroom door.

Memories of the last day we spend together flooding my mind.

"Fuck... Condom...." he grunts as he trusts in me, unwilling to stop.

"Don't pull out. I want to feel you. All of you." I tell him kissing him.

I don't regret it.

That moment...I loved it. I wanted to feel connected to him that day. To be completely absorbed by him.

"Well...we definitely connected alright." I mumble placing my right hand on my still flat belly. It was crazy to think that a baby was growing inside of me. "Isn't that right, baby? You may not know it, but this is your mother talking...God, what the hell am I doing? It's not like you even have ears right now. You're like the size of a bean, right now."

I stay quiet for a minute. My right hand never stopping his slow movements on my belly.

"Right now there is a crazy man after our family. Things have been a little tense this last few weeks, but we're going to be okay." I say pensive"Your daddy is after the crazy man, and he will catch him. And now that you are here, we'll protect you little bean, at any cost." I promise

*****

"Alright, play it." I say

We were just about to see the final edited version of the perfume commercial shot in Cairo. It took a lot of work, but my team really outdid itself. It was amazing. Just what I had envisioned in my mind. Probably even better.

We all clap our hands when it was over.

"That was amazing, you guys. Good work." I praise everyone "This definitely has the makings to become our most successful campaign as of yet, you'll see."

I shake hands with everyone, congratulating them on a well job done, before sending them home. We were already way past expedient hours, and they all deserve to have a good night sleep, after the stress of the last few weeks trying to get this done.

"Aren't you heading home yet?" Olivia asks grabbing her coat, and putting it on.

"Not yet. I want to get my father's stamp of approval before sending it for distribution." I tell her. "I'll see you tomorrow, alright?"

"You sure? I can wait for you if you want. Brian's on the night shift so I'll be driving myself home, today." she volunteers.

"That's alright, you can go." I tell her kindly "You deserve the night's rest."

"So do you." she insists

"And I'll get it, after I show this to my father." I tell her, showing her the flash drive on my hand for effect. "I'll be quick don't worry."

"Uh uh." she mumbles with an eye roll "I'll see you tomorrow then. Good night boss."

" 'Night" I respond back, suddenly feeling the tiredness of the day falling all over me. Or is it of the last few weeks? Ever since coming back from Cairo, my sleep has been nothing but inconsistent. And finding out I was pregnant certainly didn't help. I just lay in bed, all night worrying. I come up with all sort of scenarios in my head, and it feels as if day after day, they just keep getting worse. I just wanted this nightmare to be over. Ever since I came back, I was stuck with my own private army following me around, and it doesn't help that my father has started getting death threats, and was concealing them from the family. The only reason that I found out was because I saw one on his desk when I went to deliver him some papers to sign, and he didn't have time to hide it from me.