08 || Private Security

I walk into Adore's branch building in Cairo with a silly smile on my face.

Olivia, my assistant, was the first to greet me in the foyer.

"You look happy this morning." she comments when she sees me

"Just had a good morning, that's all." I respond sipping on the coffee she gives me. And an even better night, I comment to myself. "How are we on the contracts?" I ask her as we step into the elevators.

"Almost all contracts are signed, we are only waiting for the director's signature but he wanted to talk with you personally before signing anything. You have a meeting with him at ten." she informs me.

"And the crew?"

"All ready to go. Some of the equipment has already been transported to the site, the rest will come with the team in the van. The actors just had their last costume fitting and I already checked, and we are still on for the tour tomorrow." Olivia adds

"Do we have a member of the legal team on standby?" I ask her, as we step out of the elevator, mentally checking all the boxes in my head.

"I checked and they said that they would send someone with us to make sure everything is in order."

I stop walking and I look at her.

"What would I do without you?" Olivia was like my right hand (wo)man. She had even flew to Cairo earlier so she could prepare things and make sure that everything followed according to plan.

"Turn bald and give everybody migraines from your screams?" she jokes

"Then thank God I have you. I would look terrible with a bald head." I answer back.

She leads me to an empty office, that had clearly been emptied out for me to use. I start organizing the papers on my desk. I hated working with a disorganized desk.

"Alright, spill it." she says placing her tablet on the desk, and looking at me expectant.

"Spill what?" I ask confused

"You're humming. You never hum." she insists. "So what gives?"

I didn't even realize I was humming until she said so. I guess I was still living on the endorphins of last night...and this morning.

"Nothing." I lie not wanting to confess.

She doesn't look convinced in the slightest. She stares me down for a minute, and then her eyes round up.

"Oh my God, you got laid!" she yells excited

"Shhhhhh!!! No need to shout it out to the all company!" I reprehend her. I hurry to close the door since Olivia seemed to shocked to think about doing it herself.

"Oh my God, tell me everything." she says sitting down on the couch. I sit next to her. "Who is he? How did you meet? And was the sex good? I mean it must have been for you to still be humming the morning after."

"Technically we had sex again in the morning." I tell her cheekily "And I met him at the bar of my hotel, last night."

Her eyes bug out and she giggles. She, honest to God, giggles. Come on, my sex life cannot be that depressing for her to actually be this giddy when I finally spend a night with a man I picked up at the bar.

"I am so jealous right now." she admits falling behind on the couch. "My hunk of a man is in the States, thousands of miles away, and here you go, on the first night in Cairo, picking up sexy man and have hot scandalous sex with him."

"Please, I'm sure you can survive one more week without Brian." I tell her with an eye roll. Brian was her now fiancé and former boyfriend of four years. They were sickly in love with one another.