11 || Car Chase

The next two days were probably two of the most exhausting days of my life, but alas we got the commercial finished. Now it was time to get it to production, add in the special effects, the music, the voice over's... you get the picture.

The work was far from over. But at least for now I could breathe easier knowing that we managed to "give back" the Palace without any injuries, so to speak.

"You look awful." Carson tells me when I open the door to my room.

"Do you even know how to speak to women?" I ask him sarcastically as I let him into the room "I was up all night going over the shoot, and the script for the post production process. We really need to get this right, and the words on the script are good, but I just have this feeling that they could be even better, but so far all I've come up with is complete garbage." I ramble throwing some discard papers into the trash.

"I'm sure the right words will come to you." he says trying to comfort me.

"Yeah, I don't think so." I say exasperated

"Alright. Come here." he says grabbing my shoulders and holding me, gently rubbing my back. I sink into his arms, wrapping my arms around his waist and nuzzling my head against his neck. His scent somehow always managed to relax me.  All the tenseness that I felt just evaporates when he holds me like this.

"Better?" he asks after a minute. He held me close to him. His head rested on top of my own.

"Much." I felt as if all my worries disappear when he holds me like this. He rubs my back soothingly.

"Do you need to go to the office today?" he asks gently

"Mmm...yes." I respond tired, my head still against nuzzled in his neck, my eyed closed. "There is still so much that needs to be done."

"I am sure it can wait another hour. You need to rest." he tells me placing a few locks of my hair behind my ear.

"But I'm not tired..." I say with a yawn. He was like a walking cuddle bear, so big and warm. I felt myself relaxing against him completely.

"You're dead on your feet Adalyn." he says and then he surprises me by picking me up, an arm beneath my knees, the other on my back. I instinctively hold on to his shoulders, while he walks us to the bed.

"What are you doing?" I ask alarmed

"Putting you in bed." he responds placing me on the bed and then proceeding to cover me with the sheet. I think I was too shocked and surprise to remember to complain. When he finishes tucking me in, he kisses my forehead and says "Sleep. I'll wake you up in an hour."

I can't seem to find my words but my body reacted faster than I could process it. I grab his arm. He looks at me concerned.

"Can you stay?" I ask quietly, a little shy.

"Of course." he says smiling softly "I'll be on the couch."

I held on to him tighter.

"No. Stay here, with me." I correct him pulling him towards the bed.

He seems conflicted.

"I don't know if..."

"Please...it's just sleep. Promise." I reassure him, hoping he would agree.

He doesn't respond. He releases his arm from my hold, and I was disappointed to see him walk away, but then I see him making his way to the other side of the bed, placing his phone and weapon on the nightstand, and then he lifts the sheet so he could slide in. I smile, happy. I snuggle into his side and place my head on his chest, my arm around his waist, and my leg intertwines with his.

"Thank you." I say feeling content and relaxed for once.

He wraps his arm around me and kisses my forehead.