14 || We Can Do This

"Dad, what is he talking about?" I ask confused. Why would he call me little sister?

"Don't listen to him Adalyn. He's crazy." he tells me "I told you times and times again, I am not your father!"

"STOP LYING!" he yells enraged, pointing the gun at my father.

"Wait! Just ...why do you say he's your father?" I ask him, trying to get his focus out of my father.

"My mother told me, and my mother ain't no liar." he says with a hateful look on his face.

"And who is your mother? How does she know my father?"

"Amelia Spegnod" he answers "She slaved herself for you, day and night when you opened this company. And you! You seduced her! You fucked her and then when she told you she was having your baby you fired her!"

"I did no such think! I don't even know who Amelia Spegnod is." my father says clearly annoyed at the accusation.

"You fucking bastard!" he says, his hands trembling. And a trembling hand is not a good sign, especially when it's carrying a gun ready to fire.

"Shut up dad." I tell him. He was not helping the situation.

"If your mother says my father is your father then why didn't she ever requested a DNA test? That would have cleared the situation once and for all." I ask him trying not to enrage him further.

"She ain't got no money for a DNA test, and they would only rig the test so it would come back negative!"

"So why do this now?"

"Because he's broke." my father answers "He wants the money that he thinks belongs to him."

"IT'S MY MONEY! I HAVE A RIGHT TO IT!" he yells out

"No, it's MY MONEY! I worked hard for that money! My children work hard to earn their own money! That money does not belong to you!"

"SHUT UP!" he yells shooting the gun.

I yell in fright. I notice my father's leg starting to bleed profoundly.

"DAD!" I yell horrified. I crunch down in front of him, and try to apply pressure in the wound, trying to stop the blood flow.

"I need...I need a belt, something...." I ask desperate, looking around and trying to find anything that I could use. I notice my dad is using one, so I start unbuckling it at once. Never thought I would be unbuckling my father's belt one day.

"Fuck, fuck, fuckidy fuck...see what you made me do?" my supposed brother says

I wrap the belt tightly above the wound, so the blood flow lessens, but I knew it wouldn't hold for long. From the amount of blood, the bullet might have hit an artery.

"Listen, uh...what's your name?" I ask him, trying to keep the panic at bay.

"Why do you want to know?" he asks suspicious

"How are we to have a civilized conversation if I do not know what to call you? You know mine, it's only fair." I argue

"It's Jasper. Jasper Sepnod."

"Jasper, I know you think you are my father's son..."

"I don't think, I know!" he interrupts me

"Ok! But you must realize that son or not, you are going to jail. There are two dead people laying in my father's office right now, and the cops will want to put you away for life."

"Nah... they can't do that." he says starting to look doubtful.

"They can, but I can help you." I tell him, proposing a deal.