09 || Hathour

A knock on my door catches me by surprise when I am finishing applying my make-up.

I walk barefoot to the door.

"Who is it?"

"It's Carson."

I quickly fix my hair and adjust my clothing, cursing myself for not putting on my high heels before.

I open the door with a smile. He stood in front of me with a white shirt and beige cargo pants. A more casual look than I was expecting. He had sunglasses hanging from his shirt's cleavage.

"Good morning stranger." I greet him "You know if this partnership is going to work I really am going to need at least some caffeine when you come knocking on my door."

He removes his left arm from behind his back. A steaming portable coffee cup stood in his hand. He gives it to me. Surprised, I taste it and it's exactly how I like it.

"Hmm..." I moan licking my lips enjoying the after taste "You're well informed."

I walk back inside the room packing all the files I needed to take with me.

"Feel free to step inside." I tell him when I see he hasn't moved from his position by the door. "You already know your way around the room."

Slowly he steps inside and closes the door behind him.

I try not to think about the fact that we were both now alone in a room, where not only two days ago we had freaking delicious sex in. I wonder if he's thinking about it? I glance quickly at him, and I can tell he is trying his best not to look at the bed. So he wasn't as unaffected as he claimed to be.

"I'm almost done; I just need a minute." I tell him stepping into the bathroom. Yeah, there were some memories in here too.

"Take your time." he says sitting on the couch. Never once relaxing.

I finish applying the rest of the make-up but I hold on for a minute before stepping out. I place a palm over my fast beating heart. Having him inside my room was apparently affecting me more than I thought it did. I take a few deep breaths.

Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

Okay. I'm better now. It's time to put my game face on.

I walk out of the bathroom and go through the motion of putting on my heels. Since we were going to spend the day out of the office today, I chose to wear pants today. I enjoyed the way they fitted my legs, and they had the added bonus of making my ass look great in them. I wonder if Carson noticed? I guess I just have to make sure to walk in front of him today.

I pick up my purse and the briefcase, and I swallow down the rest of my coffee.

"Okay, I'm all set." I tell him walking to the front door. He follows silently behind me.

"So how is this going to work? I go on my car; you go in yours? We drive together? What's the drill?" I ask him

"Me and one of my men will drive you in one of our cars. We will pick up Miss Newton at the company and then we will start our journey to Hathour." he informs me as we wait for the elevator "We will meet your employees at Hathour's Palace, where I will stay close to you all day while my team will stay farther away observing from afar."

We step into the elevator.

"Sounds like you have everything planned out." I comment

"It's my job to have everything planned out." he answer with a monotonous voice. But he wasn't fooling me.