06 || Anubis

*Warning: Violent scene in this chapter.

We hear a loud horn being played outside.

"Ah... Wonderful!" Jafa says cheerful. I raise my head confused. Silent tears keep falling but I manage to control myself slightly.

"Come Princess, you will want to see this." he says grabbing my arm harshly and leading me into the balcony. I stumble next to him, feeling numb with pain. At least my children were safe, by now they must have left the Palace and are on their way to my mother. I know she will protect them. I mourn only not having the chance to see my boys again. So small they were, so young to be left without a mother. I barely had any time with them on this life.

More tears fell down but I did not move to clean them. Let the people see my pain. My suffering.

Jafa leads me to the edge of the balcony where we see a crowd gathered around four horses. I watch confused. Why were they all gathered around those horses? I see a man standing in the middle of the horses, but his head was down. I could not see who it was. But there was something familiar about his posture. I see the ropes tied down to his hands and feet. It did not take me long to realize what was going to happen to this man. It was a horrible death.

"What is happening? Why did you bring me here to watch this?" I ask him feeling a sudden cold inside of me. It was like my body had predicted what my mind was refusing to see.

"I thought you would have liked to see your husband one last time." he says as if he was making me a favour.

I stare alarmed at the man with the horses. It could not be him. It couldn't. By the Gods, please do not let it be him. Jafar nods and I see a man push the man's head back by grabbing tight to his hair and pulls his head back enough for me to have a clear sight of his face.

I gasp in shock. Staring at me with alarmed eyes were the dark eyes of my husband.

"SETHOS!" I yell out calling his name. Oh God...Please...not him...not him too...

"LAYLA!" he yells back only to be hit by the man holding his head back.

I cry out at the sight.

"There is a way to stop this Princess..." Jafa says

"Anything...please, I'll do anything. Just let him live." I beg him "I'll give you sons, I will lay with you without resisting, just please...do not kill him."

"I enjoy hearing you beg." he says amused, clearly enjoying seeing me humiliate myself. "Beg some more."

"Let him live and I will marry you." I beg him "No one will dare dispute your right to the throne if you have me as your wife."

"True." he speaks seeming to be contemplating my offer "I'll let him live, but I want something from you first."

"What?" I ask willing to do anything to make sure Sethos survives.

"A kiss."

"A kiss?" I repeat not understanding "You want me to kiss you?"

"Yes." he confirms "That shouldn't be too hard. You would do anything for your husband to live, wouldn't you?" he taunts me

I look at Sethos again. His eyes were on me. He was covered in blood and dirt; his shoulders were down. He was ready to die. I could tell. His eyes told me so. But I couldn't accept it. He had to live. I could not bear to lose him as well. He had to live.

Decision made I approach Jafa and kiss him in the lips. What was supposed t be a quick kiss turned into something else, when he refused to let go of me. I had to bite down his lips hard enough to draw blood for him to release me.