Chapter 3

Hailey's POV
I was sat at my desk bored when Voight called me into his office.

"Maybe she's finally getting kicked out." I heard Erin mutter. I made my way into Voight's office.

"Close the door." He instructed and I nodded. I looked at him after shutting his door.

"You might want to sit down for this." He said and I looked at him confused. I sat down in one of the chairs.

"This may come as a shock to you Upton, and you might not believe me, hell I'm not even 100% sure." He said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I think I'm your biological father." He said and I was shocked.

"W-What?" I asked.

"Your mom is Sarah Upton, formerly Stuart." He said and I nodded.

"I knew her. We had an affair. I didn't know she was married though. I thought she was single. She ended things after a few months. The last time we, you know, matches up to your birthday. Also, you look a lot like my mother when she was your age." He said and I didn't know what to feel. My mom cheated.

"Is that why you picked me for intelligence?" I asked.

"No it's not. I only realised when you came here." He said and I nodded.

"W-What happens now?" I stuttered.

"It's up to you. You can ignore this and pretend like this conversation never happened. Or, you can submit a DNA sample. I know you probably won't want to because it might be positive and your relationship with your parents might change." He said and I nodded.

"I'll do the DNA test. I haven't spoken to my parents in years." I said and he looked shocked.

"It's a really long story." I said and he nodded.

"When shall I do the swab?" I asked.

"You can go now if you'd like. We haven't got a case or anything." He said and I nodded.

I left the district and got in my car. I just burst out crying. My whole childhood was probably a lie. What if Voight is my dad? I got my DNA taken and they said they would let me know the results.

I got back to the district and walked up into the bullpen. I figured that we got a case since Jay was setting up the board.

"A robbery. We think there's something else going on though. The owners of the house are in the break room. They are Jamie and Eddie Stone." He said and I was shocked. Kim must've noticed my expression.

"What is it?" She asked. I walked into the break room.

"JJ?" I said. He looked up.

"Hailey? You work here." He said.

"Yeah I do. How you doing Eddie?" I asked.

"Good hails." He answered.

"I'll just be out there. Let me know if you need anything." I said and they both nodded. I walked back out into the bullpen.

"How do you know them?" Voight asked.

"Jamie is my brother and Eddie is his husband." I said and they all nodded. Just then, Kevin came up the stairs.

"I was just at the scene. It doesn't look like a robbery. There was a note. It says, 'you disgust me. You are no longer a member of my family.'" He said and we were all shocked. I was thinking about it, then a lightbulb went off in my head.

"Oh god, I know who did this." I said.

"Who?" Kim asked.

"My dad." They were all shocked. I printed off a photo of my dad and stuck it to the board.