Chapter 4

Hailey's POV
I woke up and went into Eden's room. I was shocked when I saw her trying to escape out of her crib; trying being the key word. She kept slipping. She saw me and smiled.

"Mama!" She shouted.

"Hey baby girl, what are you doing?" I asked. She lifted her arms up and I held her in my arms.

"Was you trying to get to mama?" I asked. She nuzzled her head into my neck.

"Let's go get breakfast." I whispered.

I went into the kitchen and sat her in her high chair. I made her some blueberry pancakes and a little bit of bacon. I cut it all up placed it in front of her. She started to eat it rather quickly.

"Slow down Eden." I scolded. She looked up at me and cried.

"Oh I'm sorry little one. I didn't mean to upset you, I just didn't want you to hurt yourself." I said sadly. I kissed her cheek and she continued to eat.

I got ready for the day and applied a little more makeup than usual, since it's the Family of Chicago Police Barbecue. I changed into a cute dress.

 I then took Eden into her room

I then took Eden into her room. I cleaned her up and then got her changed into a cute outfit. I take pride in my outfit choices for her.

 I take pride in my outfit choices for her

"You look beautiful baby girl." I said. I kissed her head.

I put her on my hip and made sure her diaper was clean before walking into the kitchen. I grabbed her diaper bag and we headed out of the house. I put her in her car seat and gave her a kiss before getting into my seat.

I drove to the barbecue fair thing and got out of the car. I saw all of intelligence sat at a table. Voight saw me and I smiled at him. I walked round to Eden's side and unbuckled her from her car seat.

"We are going to meet some of mama's friends okay. Please be good." I said. I picked her up and placed her on my waist. I walked over to where everyone was and they all smiled at me apart from Erin of course. Kim came rushing over to me.