Chapter 14

Olivia's POV
I was sat in English class.

"Hey, do you know what the answer is for question 4?" My friend Cassie asked me.

"Not really." I replied.

"You okay? You seem a little off." She said.

"My mom was kidnapped last week and it freaked me out a little." I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She said.

The conversation was broken by the sound of a gunshot. Our teacher told us to all get in the corner of the classroom and stay quiet. We were all freaking out. I started to breathe fast.

"Liv, try and breathe okay. We are all scared, but we need to stay quiet. I'm here okay. Hold my hand." Cassie said and I nodded. I put my hand in hers.

Tears streamed down the whole classes faces. We didn't know if we were going to make it out alive.

"Does anyone have a phone on them?" My teacher asked.

"I do. I can call my mom, she's a cop." I said.

"Do that, but try and be quiet." She said and I nodded. I got my phone out of my pocket and called my mom.

"Upton."

"Mom, it's me."

"Liv? Is everything okay?"

"There's a shooter in the school. You've got to come quick. Please help me."

"We're on our way okay."

"Mom, I think it's happening again. I think I'm gonna have a panic attack."

"Okay, try the techniques we worked on okay?"

"Yeah. Mom, if I don't make it, know I love you, Jay, Luna, Eden, grandpa Hank, uncle Adam, uncle Kev, and auntie Kim. I love you guys so much."

"Hey, you're going to be okay. I'm going to find you okay. Just focus on breathing."

"Mom, I think the shooter is coming closer. I have to go."

I hung up the phone and sat back down next to Cassie. She held my hand and I smiled slightly. We all prayed that we would be okay.

"Liv, I may not make it out of here, so I want you to know something." She said and I frowned.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I know you probably don't feel the same, but I like you Liv, as more than a friend."

I was shocked. I thought the feelings I had for her were unrequited. I leaned in and kissed her softly. I really didn't expect my first kiss to go like this. We both smiled into the kiss.

"I feel the same." I said after pulling back. We rested against each other. I was hoping that we would make it out alive. I wanted to spend more time with Cassie. I wanted my family to meet her.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" She whispered in my ear. I smiled and kissed her cheek.

"Definitely." I replied quietly.

Just then, we heard another gunshot. The class stayed silent. The door opened slowly and I let out a breath. I ran and hugged the man. Everyone else looked at me like I was crazy.

"Uncle Adam, I have never been so happy to see your annoying face." I said and he smiled.

"Thank god you're alright. Your mom's in pieces outside. Do you want to go see her little one?" He asked. I love it when he calls me that. I nodded.