Chapter 20

Jay's POV
I woke up in the cabin and smiled when I felt hailey in my arms. I snuggled up behind her and hid my head in the crook of her neck. I kissed her neck softly and I could tell she was waking up. I knew she was pretending to be asleep. I knew what to do. I moved my hands lightly across her body, hoping it would tickle her. She started to giggle slightly. I kissed her cheek.

"I know what you're trying to do baby girl. You're pretending to be asleep because you want me to hold you and stroke your hair." I said and she smiled. "I'll do that anyway."

I pulled hailey into my arms and ran my hands through her beautiful blonde hair. She opened her eyes and I saw her perfect baby blues.

"Hi baby." I said softly and she smiled brightly.

"Hey handsome." She replied and I kissed her head. I lifted her hand up and looked at the engagement ring on her hand.

"You're perfect for me hailey, I can't wait for you to be Hailey Halstead, that is if you're changing your surname." I said and she smiled.

"Oh definitely, I can't wait to be Hailey Halstead." She replied. We kissed softly.

"We really should get up." I said. We are leaving the cabin today.

"I don't want to get out of bed." She groaned. I lifted her up in my arms and she wrapped her legs around my waist.

"Hailey baby, we're adults, we have to get out of bed." I said and she smiled. She rested her head on my chest.

"Can we have cuddles later though?" She asked cutely and I smiled.

"Of course we can babe." I said and she grinned.

Hailey and I headed downstairs to make breakfast for the kids. We made them blueberry pancakes and set the table. I called them down and we sat together and ate.

"I can't believe we are going back home today. It's amazing here." Olivia said.

"I know, I love it here too." I replied.

Once we had all finished eating, we went and got ready. I walked into mine and Hailey's en-suite bathroom to see her only in her underwear, looking at herself in the mirror. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

"What's on your mind hails?" I asked.

"Why do you want to be with me? You always call me beautiful, but I'm not. Scars cover my body." She said and my heart broke. Tears collected in my eyes.

"Oh hails, you are perfect okay. I want to be with you because you make me smile. I want to be with you because you're an amazing mom to our girls. You are amazing at your job. You're a joy to be around. Your scars are not flaws. They show that you are a fighter. They show that you can over come anything, and I couldn't be more proud of you." I said reassuringly and she started to cry. She turned around and buried her head in my chest.

"Shh, it's okay hails. You are so beautiful, please believe me." I said and she smiled.

"I love you, thank you so much." She said.

"Hailey, you don't have to thank me for anything." I said."Now my beautiful girl, we have to get going."

I kissed her cheek. We hugged for a few minutes before heading downstairs.

I went out to the car and started to pack the suitcases in the back. I walked back into the cabin to see Luna crying, and hailey holding her.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked concerned. Luna came and hugged me tightly. I rubbed her back and kissed her cheek.