Chapter 9

Hailey's POV
I opened my eyes and smiled when I felt Jay's arms wrapped around me.

"Good morning." He said.

"Good morning bubba, how you feeling?" I asked rolling over to face him.

"I feel good. I slept through the night without having a nightmare and I woke up next to an amazing blonde." He said and I smiled. Just then, his phone went off. He looked at it and his eyes widened.

"What is it babe?" I asked.

"Erin's gone. She got a job offer in New York with the FBI." He said and I was shocked.

"Wow, that's big." I said.

"Yeah, I wonder if we'll get a replacement for her." He said. We chatted for a while.

We got out of bed and went to check on the girls. Jay went in Eden's room and I went in Luna's. I walked in Luna's bedroom slowly, not knowing if she was sleeping or not, and saw her reading a book.

"Good morning." I said softly. She looked up and smiled. She got out of bed.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked.

"About an hour." She replied.

"You could've come and got me and your dad." I said.

"When I was living with my mom, she hated it when I woke her up. I learned to stay quiet in my room until I knew she was up. I guess I just got used to doing that." She said and I looked at her sadly. I hugged her and kissed her head.

"How are you doing after yesterday?" I asked.

"I'm doing okay, I still feel weird though, but I'm not as sore anymore." She said.

"That's good. I know I'm not your mom, but I want you to know that you can always talk to me, no matter what." I said and she smiled. She hugged me.

"You're the best." She said and I smiled.

"Let's go get breakfast." I said and she nodded.

We saw Jay and Eden in the kitchen. We joined them and ate breakfast together. We all got ready. Jay and I took Eden to Chloe's house, then we made our way to Luna's school.

"Are you sure you're not going back too soon?" Jay asked Luna.

"I'm fine guys, I want to go back." She said happily. I admire the girl. With everything she's been through, she's a tough cookie.

"Okay, if there are any problems, call us." I said and she nodded. Both Jay and I kissed her head and she went inside. Jay and I made our way to work and we walked into the bullpen.

"Good morning Upstead." Adam said and I looked at him confused.

"What the hell is an Upstead?" I asked.

"Your ship name. Upton and Halstead makes Upstead." Kim said and I chuckled.

Jay and I sat down at our desks. We didn't have a case so we all finished any paperwork that we had. After a while, my cramps started to get really bad.

"Has anyone got any Advil?" I asked.

"I have." Kim replied before throwing me it. I took one and gave her it back.

"Why did you need an Advil?" Adam asked.

"Not like it's any of your business anyway, but I have cramps." I said before taking a sip of my coffee.

"They don't even hurt that bad." He said.

"And how do you know what they feel like?" Kim asked.