Chapter 19

Hailey's POV
"Hold still baby girl, it'll be over before you know it. Just relax, I know you're going to enjoy it."

I jolted awake. I was covered in sweat.

"Mom, are you okay?" I heard. I looked at my surroundings and saw I was on the couch in the cabin. I saw Liv sat next to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked again.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine." I replied.

"Mom, I know you're not okay, you don't have to lie to me." She said.

"There's nothing going on Olivia, I'm fine." I said reassuringly. She left and came back a few minutes later with Jay. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine guys." I said. Liv went to her room. Jay came and sat next to me. He pulled me onto his lap.

"Hailey, be honest with me. Are the nightmares still happening?" He asked and I nodded slowly. He held my head to his chest and rocked me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"I didn't want to bother you." I said quietly.

"Oh hails, you are never a bother to me, please understand that." He said and I nodded. I laid on Jay's chest and he placed a blanket over us.

"I've got you baby girl, and I'm never letting you go." He said and I smiled at the thought of being with Jay forever.

"I love you Jay." I said, causing him to kiss my head.

"I love you too hailey." He replied.

We had a bit of a cuddle and he rubbed my back comfortingly.

"We are going on a walk later." Jay said and I frowned.

"But it's freezing." I said.

"It's not that bad. We are all going to get bundled up and go on a walk." He said.

"Fine, but I expect a hot chocolate afterwards." I said pointing at him and he chuckled. He kissed my cheek.

"Of course." He replied.

We went upstairs and got our coats, hats, and gloves on. The kids got ready also and we headed out the door. The cold was bearable.

"Would you rather be too warm or too cold?" Liv asked.

"Too warm." I replied.

"Too cold." Cassie said.

"Too cold." Luna said.

We walked for a few minutes before I realised that Jay wasn't next to me. I turned around and saw him on one knee, holding a ring box. I teared up. All of the kids were smiling.

"Since the day I met you, I knew you were going to be the person I was going to be with forever. I love you so so much and I can't live without you. Hailey Anne Upton, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" He asked and I nodded crying.

Jay stood up and put the ring on my left index finger. He spun me around in his arms and kissed me.

"I love you." He said quietly.

"I love you too." I replied. I saw the kids smiling.

"Finally!" Liv shouted and I chuckled.

"You knew?" I said surprised and they all nodded.

"Yeah, we've known for ages." She said.

For the rest of the walk, Jay held my hand in his. He traced circles with his fingers on the palm of my hand. I smiled as he did so. I lifted our hands up and kissed his. He smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist.

Once we got back to the cabin, Jay made hot chocolate for us all since we were pretty cold. We all sat on the couch. I snuggled next to Jay and laid my head on his chest. He smiled and played with my hand, bringing it to his face and kissing it. I smiled slightly. I heard a gagging noise. I looked up and saw Luna making a face.

"Gross!" She said and both Jay and I chuckled.

"Leave them alone, it's cute." Olivia said.

"How are you not weirded out by them kissing all of the time?" Our middle child asked.

"I don't know really." Olivia said, snuggling closer to Cassie. I smiled at the sight of them.

Growing up, I was always taught that same sex relationships were wrong. My dad said that people like that were sinners. When I was 12 and my brother was 15, he told me he was gay. The first thing I did was I hugged him and told him that I love him. It doesn't bother me. You can't limit love between a man and a woman. When I look at Olivia and Cassie, I see the love they have for each other and I'm just glad my daughter gets to feel happy in a relationship.

After a while, Olivia and Cassie offered to watch Eden while Jay and I had some time to ourselves.

We were in the bathtub, my back resting against Jay's chest. He was massaging me all over with bubbles and I smiled.

"I love you so much." I said.

"I love you too sweetheart." Jay mumbled into my ear. We sat together soaking up the moment before I spoke up.

"I think I'm ready." I stated and I could tell he was confused.

"Ready for what?" He asked.

"To have sex again. I know it's been a while because of the rape. I'm ready." I said and he looked surprised.

"We don't have to if you don't want to hails. I don't want to pressure you into anything." He said comfortingly.

"You're not pressuring me into anything. I'm ready, I promise." I replied reassuringly.

"Okay baby, you're in for a treat later then." He whispered seductively in my ear, which turned me on so much. It was hard enough sitting in a bath naked with this man, but now he was making me want to straddle him right here, right now.

"When should we start planning the wedding?" Jay asked me.

"Babe, we just got engaged." I said and he smiled.

"I know, but I'm excited that I'll soon get to call you my wife." He said and I blushed. He must've seen this because he kissed my cheek.

"Adorable." He muttered.

"You make it so hard for me to not straddle you right here." I said and he chuckled.

"Then do it." He whispered in my ear and I smiled. I turned to face him and we had a heated make out session.

"I want you so bad right now." He said.

"Then take me right here." I replied.

After we had sex, Jay and I got out of the bath, dried off, and went back downstairs. We joined the kids on the couch. It was pretty cold so I set the fire going. We decided to watch a movie.

"Any suggestions?" I asked.

"Bee Movie!" Luna said happily and we all agreed.

Jay put the movie on and I made some snacks. I made popcorn, and I also bought some chocolate chip cookies.

Once I sat back down on the couch, Eden crawled onto my chest. I smiled at my youngest and rubbed her back. I kissed her head.

"Mommy, you wear ring." Eden said pointing at the engagement ring on my index finger.

"Yeah baby, daddy and I are getting married." I said.

"Mawwied?" She said tilting her head.

"Yep. There's going to be a ceremony and you get to wear a pretty dress." I said and she smiled brightly.

"Me be bewtiful?" She asked.

"Baby, you're already beautiful." I said and she smiled. I kissed her rosy cheek and she snuggled up against me.

"I love you mama." She said quietly.

"I love you too Eden." I replied.