Chapter 15

Jay's POV
I woke up and placed a kiss on Hailey's neck. She hummed and I smiled.

"Hi." She said shyly. She's always so shy in the morning and it's the cutest thing ever.

"Hey beautiful." I replied and she blushed.

"What are your plans for today?" I asked.

"Well, the high school is closed for a few weeks, so Liv and Cassie are going to be at home. Eden won't be at Chloe's. It is intelligence's day off so I invited everyone round and you are going to cook on the barbecue." She said.

"Im going to cook, am I?" I said and she smiled.

"You are." She said before kissing me.

"Won't Luna feel upset though? Her school is still on. She'll be there while we are having fun here." I said.

"We're keeping her home. You're right, she will feel left out, she already does." She said and I was confused.

"What do you mean 'she already does'?" I asked.

"A few night ago, I went into her room and she was crying. She feels left out because she is only one that doesn't have me as a biological mom. I know we both have our own biological children, but it's different for her because she's the only one that doesn't have me as her real mom." She said and I sighed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"She didn't want me to." She said and I nodded. Just then, there was a knock on our bedroom door.

"Come in." I said. The door opened and we saw Luna. It was evident that she had been crying.

"What's the matter sweetheart?" I asked.

"I had a nightmare about my real mom." She said.

"Come here." I said and she got in the bed between hailey and I.

"It's okay sweetie, you're safe." Hailey whispered to her and she nodded.

"I heard you were feeling left out." I said.

I know I probably shouldn't have brought it up, but she's my daughter and I want her to be able to talk to me. Luna looked up at me shyly.

"Yeah." She muttered.

"Just because you aren't biologically mine, that doesn't mean I don't love you. You are apart of this huge family and we all love you." Hailey said and she smiled. Luna cuddled into her chest.

"Thank you." She said. Hailey kissed her head.

We got out of bed after a few minutes and decided to make breakfast for everybody. I decided to make pancakes.

"Does Cassie like pancakes?" I asked hailey.

"Umm she has an eating disorder." She said and I looked up surprised.

"Really?" I asked and she nodded.

"She has ARFID. I had it as a kid. It's when anxiety can get so bad that people avoid certain foods because they think it could make them sick." She explained.

"Will she eat pancakes?" I asked.

"I'll see if Cassie and Liv are awake and ask her." She said and I nodded. I kissed her and she headed back upstairs.

Hailey came back down after a few minutes.

"She'll eat them, but she only wants a couple." She said and I nodded.

Everyone eventually came downstairs and ate breakfast. It was nice to see Liv smiling at Cassie. I was a little weary when hailey said Cassie would be staying over, but I trust her with Liv and I know she won't hurt her intentionally.