Chapter 8

Hailey's POV
I was woken up at 6am by someone tapping me. I opened my eyes and saw Luna stood there.

"Hey Luna, is everything okay?" I asked. She looked down embarrassed.

"What's the matter?" Jay asked. He had woken up as well.

"I had a nightmare and I got scared." She said avoiding eye contact.

"Come here." Jay said patting the space in between him and I.

"But I'm not a baby anymore." She said sadly.

"That doesn't matter. Everyone needs some cuddles every once in a while." I said and she smiled slightly. She climbed in the bed and I wrapped my arm around her.

"I love you guys." Luna said before falling asleep. Jay and I smiled at each other. He kissed Luna's head. We all went back to sleep.

I woke up at 8am and heard a slight crying sound. I looked beside me and saw Eden.

"Hey, what's the matter?" I asked.

"You cuddle with Luna. You love her, not me." She said.

"Oh baby, I love you both the same. Luna was scared this morning so daddy and I gave her cuddles." I explained and she tilted her head.

"Luna bad dream?" She asked.

"Yeah, she did." I replied. Eden lifted her arms up and I placed her on me. Both Jay and Luna woke up.

"Hey Eden bug." Jay said and she giggled.

"Good morning." Luna said.

"Good morning." I said kissing her head. Jay and I kissed.

"Mama, me kiss." Eden said sadly. I kissed her and she smiled. Luna took Eden to the living room to watch tv with her while Jay and I cuddled for a bit. I looked at my boy and frowned.

"What's the matter Jay?" I asked.

"Nothing." He replied.

"Jay, I know it's not nothing. Let me help you. Let me be there for you, with whatever it is." I said.

"The nightmares are back. I have no idea why. It might be because we've got Luna and it's a big change. All I know is that they're back." He said and I sighed.

"Did you have one last night?" I asked and he nodded.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I asked running my finger along his cheek.

"I didn't want to be a bother. I'm a man, I'm not supposed to show emotion. I have to deal with it." He said and I looked at him sadly.

"Who said that you're not allowed to show emotion?" I asked.

"My dad would always tell Will and I that we had to be men and only women cry. He used to say that only women have feelings." He said. I wrapped my arms around him and held him against my chest.

"Oh baby boy, showing emotion doesn't make you any less of a man. It doesn't make you weak. It shows that you have been through so much and you are a survivor. You are so strong my love. You are amazing and perfect in every single way and I love you. I want to be there for you Jay. It's okay to cry." I said and he burst into tears. I rubbed his back and ran my hands through his hair.

"It's okay, let it out. I'm here. I've got you bubba." I said soothingly.

I held him as he cried in my arms. My heart broke at the sight of him hurting. He calmed down after a few minutes and looked at me with the cutest little face. He kissed me softly.