Chapter 18

Hailey's POV
I woke up to a kiss being placed on my cheek. I looked up and saw Jay.

"What time is it?" I asked lazily.

"6:30." He replied.

"Why did you wake me so early?" I asked annoyed.

"Because we're going to the cabin today and we've got to get going. Liv invited Cassie remember so we need to pick her up on the way. Eden and Luna are still asleep, and Olivia is in the shower." He said and I nodded.

I got out of bed and went to wake Eden and Luna up. I took them into the kitchen and Jay made breakfast for us. Liv came out of the shower and ate with us. We all went to get dressed while Jay packed the car with our suitcases.

I was so excited for this trip. As a kid, my family never went on vacations. This is my first vacation ever. I know we're not flying anywhere, but it's nice.

We were about to leave the house when Jay stopped us.

"Has everyone been to the bathroom?" He asked and the kids nodded.

We got in the car and drove to Cassie's house. I got out of the car and knocked on the front door. It opened and I saw a woman who I presumed was Cassie's mom.

"Hi there, I'm hailey, I'm Olivia's mom." I said and she smiled. She called Cassie down.

"Hi hailey." She said. She went into the car.

"I'm glad Cassie has a best friend like Olivia. She is quite the introvert and needs to grow up a bit and make more friends." Her mom said which confused me. Best friends?

"Anyway, we'll be back in 2 days." I said and she nodded.

I left and got in the car. Cassie was sat next to Liv. I still had the confused look on my face.

"What is it hails?" Jay asked. I turned to Cassie.

"Does your mom know about you and Liv?" I asked Cassie and she sighed. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Umm no. I was going to tell her that I like girls, but then one of my cousins told everyone that he was gay at a family event thing and my mom went crazy, saying he was a sinner. I knew she would hate me, so I said Liv was my best friend." She said and I looked at her sadly. Olivia held her hand and kissed her cheek. I smiled at them and Jay started driving.

We eventually got to the cabin and it looked amazing. There was a beautiful blanket of snow on it.

"Woah." Cassie said and I smiled. I looked over at Jay and saw him tearing up. I put my hand on his back and kissed his cheek.

"You okay?" I asked and he smiled.

"Yeah, I'm great." He said.

We got out of the car and walked inside. Jay put the heating on so it started to warm up. I went back out to the car to get the suitcases.

"Do you need help?" I heard. I turned around and saw Cassie.

"Thank you sweetheart." I said. She helped me carry everything inside. Jay made us all hot chocolate and we sat on the couch and relaxed for a bit.

"How often would you and Will come here?" I asked Jay.

"Every summer and winter. We would spend Christmas here with the entire Halstead family. We stopped after my mom died." He said sadly and I nodded. We kissed and decided to play some games with the kids.

We were watching Christmas movies on the large couch and I looked at the kids, I smiled to myself. I tapped Jay on the arm. He looked at me confused and I motioned towards the girls. He smiled. Eden was cuddling with Luna, and Olivia and Cassie were cuddling. It was like the cutest thing ever.

"If we were to have another one, would you want a boy or a girl?" I asked him.

"I love our girls, but I want a mini Jay running around." He said and I nodded in agreement.

It was around lunch time and Cassie and started to make food.

"I just wanted to say thank you." She said as she got some food out of the fridge.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"For letting me come on this trip." She said and I smiled. I wrapped my arm around her.

"Hey, I see the way you and Liv look at each other, you're family now." I said and she smiled brightly.

"I just wish I could tell my parents." She said and I sighed.

"I know sweetie." I said sadly.

"Come on, we best go put the food on the table. Liv gets irritable when she's hungry." I said after a few seconds and she chuckled.

"You're right there." She said.

Cassie and I put plates down for everyone and we all sat at the table to eat. She was telling me in the kitchen how she was getting better with her eating disorder. It makes me proud because I went through the same disorder.

After we had finished eating, I went to the bathroom. I came back out into the living room. Jay was talking with the girls, but stopped when he saw me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"N-Nothing." He stuttered. That was weird. I made a confused face and sat back down.

A few hours later, I was folding up some towels in the master bedroom when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said. The door opened slowly and I saw Cassie stood there. She looked worried and embarrassed.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked.

"Umm, I got my period and I forgot to bring pads. Do you have any?" She asked looking down and I smiled.

"Of course, come here." I said. I brought a bunch of period products with me just in case.

Cassie left and I went into the living room. I was the only one in there because Liv was in her room and Luna and Eden were in another room watching tv. Jay was making some hot chocolate.

Cassie came down the stairs and sat next to me on the couch. I could tell she was embarrassed.

"Hey, you don't have to feel upset or embarrassed okay, it happens to every girl. You don't have to feel nervous when talking about it okay." I said and she smiled.

"Thank you, you're the best. I wish my mom was more like you. She barely ever talks to me. I don't even think she wanted kids." She said and I sighed.

"I'm sorry sweetie." I said sadly.

"Can you give me advice on something?" She asked.

"Sure." I replied.

"I love Olivia, like so much, but I'm scared to tell her because I don't know if she feels the same." She said and I smiled.

"You have to tell her. Life's too short, you've got to make the most of it." I said and she nodded.

"I'm going to tell her later." She said and I smiled.

"Let me know how it goes." I said and she hugged me.

"Oh sweetheart, it's okay." I said rubbing her back.

"I wish my mom was more like you." She said and I smiled brightly.